• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 1/48 U-Boat Type VIIC

RichB

Mega Hobby has an early shipment of the new Type VIIC U-Boat. The kit measures 55" long and features a clear starboard side to view the interior details. It can be yours for a mere $349.95 (USD).

MegaHobby

Cheers,
Rich

This is was one of the most wanted kits on my list since it was a rumor. $350 shipped isn't that bad of a price, but I'll wait to get it wholesale.

It's a shame it has an interior, since I'll be RC'ing it, but it would make an awesome display.

I just held a ruler out to get an idea and holy smokes, it'll barely fit in the car to get to the pond, let alone the pond itself.

You know, with a clear side, you could simulate the cutaway effect better, mask off the cutouts and paint as normal...:hmmm

Is it me or do some of the figures look like humpbacks?

I didn't even look at the figs at first, the poses are horrible.

It's not that they're hunchbacks, they're all Mr Gumbys:

h8c573b8.jpg

I just looked at the sites pics. Why would the gun crew be getting ready to shot next to the guys loading a torpedo? The hunch backs came from always having to duck their heads inside the boat. Mabey. Add then go out to sea.(lake) "But Honey, it just sank!!!) Gary :yipee

The great art work for this one was done by my friend Randall Wilson. The original canvas is massive and was on display for a while at the local Hobby shop.
My only complaint is that they always release the early version, rather than the later (cooler) Mk7c/41....maybe it's still to come.
Any I don't need to worry about this one as I have a 1/35 version. B)

Ian.

Back