• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/72 Kawanishi H8K2 Type 2 Flying Boat

RichB

Hasegawa has announced a new tool "Emily" flying boat to replace the current 40 year old kit. Expected release is December 2016.

Emily at HLJ

kawanishi-h8k2-emily-flying-boat-04.png

Cheers,
Rich

Hasegawa has announced a new tool "Emily" flying boat to replace the current 40 year old kit. Expected release is December 2016.

Emily at HLJ

kawanishi-h8k2-emily-flying-boat-04.png

Cheers,
Rich

Wow, I've been procrastinating for 40 years :S Guess I better start saving my nickels and dime now :frantic

Interesting, Lucky models also shows an upcoming Hasegawa H8K2 with a different stock number and price . :java

I have one of the 40 year old kits that I built 30 years ago in my case that I have been considering refurbishing, time maybe to wait, even with the cantaloupe sized rivets it wasn't a bad looking kit. I suspect the new kit will be in the $50 to $100 dollar range.

I've always like the looks of the Emily. Might have to get one when they come out. Now upscale it to 1/48 Lol.

Perhaps they've looked at what 'New' Airfix have been doing since the Hornby take-over and decided there's some good mileage in taking the great old (and unique) kits and re-tooling them. If that's the case, we could play a great new game of looking at the Hasegawa catalogue for their 'unique' kits and putting them on a 'wish list'.

My first would be the 1:72 RF-101C !!

Good on them :good:

Ian.

A couple months ago, I was able to pick up this excellent reference book on the Emily .I would recommend it to any of you that might be thinking about building this bird .

H8K2.jpg

Excellent single source for reference .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back