• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bananas! Bananas!

RichB

Tanmodel has announced that they are well on the way to completing the 1/72 CAD model for the Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 and they will also be producing it in 1/48. They are still deciding which scale will be released first but it looks like a new Buccaneer will be out in 2017.

Buccaneers picked up the nick name "Banana Jet" during its during its design when it was known as the Blackburn Advanced Naval Aircraft (BANA).

Cheers,
Rich

I saw that over at BM. They are losing their gourds over it. :laugh:

I would probably spring for the RF-84 before the Buc though. But that's just me. There has been a small but devoted following for the aircraft that have been clamoring a long time for an updated 1/48 release to replace the ancient Airfix offering. So I'm happy for them. :coolio

Oh h*ll yes !!

Now that I've had time to paw the RF-84 I'm as certain as I could be that their next offering will be outstanding aswell.

Bring on the Brick.

Ian.

A Buccaneer in a rather apt Banana scheme. A RAE weapons trials aircraft.

13548521304_e45c243b76_b.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Back