• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's new M4A3 HVSS Korean War

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Tamiya is to release a new M4A3 HVSS (ignore the E8 experimental nomenclature as it went to production). Anyone guess why I am interested in it?

h6cdd31b.jpg

h5ccbe44.jpg

And a video of it being built:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZyWmQrT0Nk

Looks like I will be getting another Sherman... 1st production to get the GAZ-67B as well, hopefully a new tool kit.

Real deal:

h1632935.jpg

Regards,

Like a lot of us around here I have the WWII E8 kit, not sure if there's too many detail differences in the kits, somebody who knows Shermans far better me will advise. If there's a lot that's different I may just bite the bullet if not, I'll simply build mine as a Korean theatre vehicle.

Have to say, whilst I'm a massive fan of the plain white box Tamiya kits, when they do a 'painting' box, it's always superb.
:soldier

Ian.

Not a Sherman fan, but I am all-in! I will be buyint this in Jan and likely to add Fruils too!

If there's a lot that's different I may just bite the bullet if not, I'll simply build mine as a Korean theatre vehicle.

Ian, the kit needs new tracks but includes a mantlet cover and, more importantly, torsion bar engine hatch lift assist. See here:

h8d81962.jpg

h41d9f2c.jpg

h15c3648.jpg

... and likely to add Fruils too!

Don't buy Friulmodelismo tracks for 'live' tracks. They are much better suited to dead where the weight is a plus as well as the fact they seem to stretch over time. The best now are the 3D printed sets by Panzer Concepts but they aren't cheap. AFV Club and others make polystyrene tracks which are very nice but tedious to build. Dragon has their DS-100 tracks which I loved until I noticed the teeth falling off.

Regards,

Back