Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 02 Jan 2017 13:35 #1

I'll begin the New Year with pictures/report from the LAST Plastic Surgeons Meeting of 2016.

Membership in attendance. Standing room only! I won't try to name everyone. You know who you are! We Few. We Happy Few!

Dane, Brummbar's Grandson, shows the benefit of his Grandpa's tutelage, with a vinyl figure of The Kathoga, from the movie "The Relic". If you haven't seen the film, rent one, and hang on to your Hat! It's riveting!
A very fine replica, for Dane's third model. :notworthy: :rockon

Ross and Brummbar. Roscoe's working on a 8-tonner flakabwehr Half Track. Brummbar is focused on casting US and Wehrmacht accessories with fast curing dental resin, for Ross and Nate McCoy's builds.
  • Rhino
  • Rhino
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 02 Jan 2017 13:54 #2

Nate McCoy with the subjects for his M8 Grayhound Diorama & Ron Huntimer with progress on his Lindberg Union Artillery set.

I've noticed the Yankee LT leading the Caisson & cannon looks a little like the distinguished Mr. Huntimer his own self. Coincidence? :idonno

Francisco's 1/32 FW-190A-8 and a 1/48 scale HE-162 Salamander. Both are little works of art! His FW Driver is especially well done.

Ronnie Schultz and his Grandson. Ron truly enjoys his crazy car models! They ARE Cool!!

CCW: Rod Shackleford's 1/48 Revell of Germany's GR.4 Tornado, Nate Stevens Academy/Hasegawa 1/72 P-47 Thunderbolt production line. Nate starts each build by choosing the decals he wants to use. :good Ty Stevens M-41 Tamiya 1/35 Walker Bulldog. One of my favorite Tank models!
Joe's 1/35 Modern SP Guns. One them is a Dana, and the other may be a G6 Rhino !?! :smack. Joe also filled us in on his tracks painting Techniques. Always a Treat! :salute
That's all for now from the soggy Prairie!
Thanks for looking in!! :geek
  • Rhino
  • Rhino
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 02 Jan 2017 16:14 #3

Looks like a good attendance. :thumbsup
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 02 Jan 2017 16:36 #4

as always I love seeing pictures of you guys meetings
  • SA Dave
  • SA Dave
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhino

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 02 Jan 2017 18:57 #5

Deffinitely a diverse group :thumbsup

Cheers, Christian B)

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 02 Jan 2017 21:42 #6

:salute
  • Iron Mike
  • Iron Mike
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
IPMS Plastic Surgeon (satellite member)

AMPS member

Resident Curmudgeon

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 04 Jan 2017 13:55 #7

Great pics! Your meetings always look so fun!

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 28 Jan 2017 11:44 #8

26 January 2017 Meeting.
For my devoted readers: I must apologize for my spotty reports. Here on the wintery prairie at the end of my work day, all a wanna do is go to my snug, rustic home, be warm and torment my cats. :bat :rotf
In any case!

First-time Surgeon meeting Visitor, Mike-Mike Hayden (?) brought his collection of Bolt Action World war II gaming soldiers, and vehicles. These are 1/53 scale if memory serves, and Mike-Mike has done a fine job of finishing them sans airbrush. :good
They are detailed, intricate little models, and LOTS of them. For myself, I wonder about the addition of 1/53 scale for scale battlefield enthusiasts. :idonno Bolt Action gaming sets sound just a mite pricey, compared to other 1/48 or 1/35 scale offerings. :frantic

Plastic Surgeon stalwarts look on with appropriate interest! :zen
  • Rhino
  • Rhino
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 28 Jan 2017 12:10 #9

Joe got his 1/35 Czech Dana S/P gun finished, and started on a 1/35 Swedish "S Tank" (S is for SNEAKY!)

While convalescing from a Knee surgury, Mark ventured from is usual Car model, and is making a valiant job of Revell's (old Monogram) 1/48 F4U-4 Corsair, and in keeping with his Wheels-ness, Revell's 1/25 snap tite Ford Raptor Pick-up. Of note! The paint on the Raptor is ceramic Ford Blue 1,200 degree engine paint from a spray-bomb! It laid down very nicely!

Nate Stevens holds forth on his 1/72 P-51D Mustang "Production Line". The Checker noses and their decals were of particular interest. Nate says "Don't fight your decal sheets. Use them on the Kit they were designed for, as there are subtle differences of nose profile from manufacturer to manufacturer." In anyone knows, Nate does! :pilot

Bob Malloy, who truly does more Plastic Surgery than many of us, :notworthy: brings his Willy's CJ3-A Service station starter Jeep, and progress continues on his '53 Chevy Coupe. Bob actully drove a similar 1/1 scale Jeep in his youth on service calls Up North! :good
  • Rhino
  • Rhino
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 28 Jan 2017 12:32 #10

Kale & his Papa, look on with wonder!

The meticulous, very thorough, creative Ronnie Huntimer impressively corrected, modified, and finished his classic Lindberg 1/12 Yankee Artillery kit. Then, undaunted by the vagaries aged Plastic, delves into the 1/10 scale "Fighting Men" Vietnam Memorial statue kit. :notworthy: :thumbsup :drinks :good

Concern covers the face of The Rhino. After a rough & tumble career of ocean voyages, M/A posts, Dixie Flyer road trips, Ebay, and basic pitcher mischief, I fear the valiant and long serving Powershot camera, has snapped her final pitcher. More "Evolution" is nigh, for the old Rhino. New notebook, printer, and now, camera replacement. :facepalm

That's all for now! Thanks for having a look-see!!! :pilot :salute
  • Rhino
  • Rhino
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 28 Jan 2017 12:48 #11

Good turn out. :thumbsup
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings 28 Jan 2017 19:25 #12

You know, I'd have sworn "S" was for snarky. Hmmmm???? :ohyeah Thanks for posting, Chris!
  • Iron Mike
  • Iron Mike
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
IPMS Plastic Surgeon (satellite member)

AMPS member

Resident Curmudgeon

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds