• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Announcement from the Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me MA is a save haven away from all that crap so I am sure no one here has anything to do with it.

Keep up the good work guys, we apreciate it.

I had my share of threats a year ago, i just wanna build and be in a nice, friendly forum and exchange tips and experience with modellers like myself, and that i found here with you guys! you have my full support in this matter.
//Mats & Veerle

I never wanted to join a modellers forum before, because of the competition going on on most of them. Criticizing other members work to make your own work look better, just isn't my thing.

But T&T looked different, so I joined! I met a lot of great people, with which I had one thing in common, not our talent or the quality of our models, but the love of our hobby, scale modelling!

But soon EGO's inside T&T tried to dictate what was good or bad, and even worse, who was good or bad.

And so Modelers Alliance was born, free from all the BS, free for all modellers to join, enjoy and learn, even the mediocre ones like me!

Erik proud memeber of Modelers Alliance!

I too want to publicly add my support to Modeler's Alliance.

As some of you may remember, I was the editor of our on-line magazine "Armoured Fury". After the split, I was threatened with legal action (copyright) by the admin's from the other site. I was forced to stop doing something that I really enjoyed doing for the community - simply out of spite - because I wouldn't take their side.

After seeing what has happened, I've NEVER seen anyone from MA threaten or bully the admin's of the other site. In fact, I've only ever seen the threats, bullying, and baseless claims coming from the admin's of the other forum.

making baseless claims is one thing, starting a smear campaign is another, both in combination can very easily become a nasty boomerang (keyword: libel action!)

for those who don't see the pattern behind this actual campaign (a pattern we from the team have grown accustomed to over many, many moons) should ask themselves the following things:

- if the claims towards the MA team were true, why start a public smear campaign?
- why not informing the police immediately, let them do their work and THEN go public?
- where are the proofs? did anybody see the mail(s) in question? (with header and ip address please!)

apart from that written above, i still have loads of abusive mails saved to my hdd, filled with threats, bullying and insultions towards team members and myself! sent out by who? ask yourself!

i ask myself what the facebook management thinks of members, abusing their service for highly questionable actions like those we're facing!

no further comment from my side! i'm by far too nauseated by the ruthlessness of someone playing an innocent angel in public and even more nauseated by the stupidity of some people who all too willingly believe those unsubstantial claims without any proof given!

:(
No idea what this latest Tiff is about, I just don't understand how it happens if people just stick to building models.
???
I don't get it :idonno

Anyway I hope MA weathers this one OK, and I for one, can't imagine any of the MA staff doing anything but hosting a great site.
MA ALL THE WAY!
:mpup
Ian.

:(
No idea what this latest Tiff is about, I just don't understand how it happens if people just stick to building models.
???
I don't get it :idonno

Anyway I hope MA weathers this one OK, and I for one, can't imagine any of the MA staff doing anything but hosting a great site.
MA ALL THE WAY!
:mpup
Ian.

thank you for your support ian!

but i'm afraid that you brought yourself in the focus of a shitstorm from that person like other members here who already had received nasty mails just for being member here ...

Drama is unnecessary.

Quite true! For me, this is a hobby. I do not make my livelihood through the Internet and have, on occasion, dropped out altogether for months. This online 'reputation,' which some had threatened to smear, really doesn't mean anything to me. It is just drama.

If threats were made, the Police should get involved. All Internet activity can be traced and ISPs contacted to find a culprit. So, why make a death threat via e-mail? That is beyond stupidity and intolerable.

Let the guilty be found and charged and made public. However, if no one is found... let the drama end before legal action must be taken to prevent further unfounded accusations.

Regards,

Moon , other saff types , ........ I'd appreciate it if you would move my post I made over the weekend when the poop hit the fan , ........... from the Modelers Lounge [ Attention Disclaimer ] to this thread where it should be .

Here's a little ditty by Ugly Kid Joe , for all the drama infected attention queens who constantly feel the need to draw attention and sympathy to themselves by making baseless claims against others .

http://youtu.be/byEGjLU2egA

Tried it Glenn and since it's an earlier post than what the announcement was it showed up at the top of the thread. Rather have our statement at the top. You're good bud!

Hi to all...

It is incredible that these things spend nowadays...

I do dioramas, kits and projects for another persons...

Two years ago I had to denounce an administrator of a forum for calumnies, lies and defamations...
The best solution was to separate of these people and to continue in touch with the persons who believed in my and who knew that all that was not true.
What more hurt me they were those persons who believed themselves those lies...

Guys, do modeling and enjoy it!! Is the best...

Yago.

Yago, I think that is a question better asked to the folks that started this smear. Hoping you will share some pictures of your latest builds here. (y)

Guys, do modeling and enjoy it!! Is the best...

Hi Yago,

I couldn't agree more. And that is what MA is all about. A place for modelers to get together, talk about modeling, enjoy the works of others, and have fun doing it.

Unfortunately, we have again been dragged back into the mud by a few individuals from another forum, that just refuse to let things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back