• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Andy`s Well

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Here we go with my well build very simple pictures to start off with

Verlinden figure very old and one from my stash hence no box and an unknown older lady that modelguru sent me as well as the fine M/P Well from Mike Bishop.

img_3176_2_20101215_1190996711.jpg

img_3175_1_20101215_1677762039.jpg

img_3177_3_20101215_2089521815.jpg

:)

ANDY,

Cool take. Someone dipping their Toesies in th Well !! I'm glad I filled My canteen before He dipped those Feet in there ! :sick: Talk about a poisoned Well ! :D :D

ERIK

Well I was going to post up some pictures but alas BIG FAIL

I shall try again later but needless to say I am steaming ahead with my Well

Base is near enough done but youll see all that when I erm post up some pics :D

here we go with the pics :) base is made up of Cork and spackle stuff ( you know the stuff for filling holes in walls) Verlinden static grass plus scenics long grass and wirey wolly green stuff for the creeper on the back of the well.
Hope you like :)

IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

Primer is next on the agenda :)

Lookin' good, Andy
Very realistic depiction. Are you gonna add some water to the fountain?
Peace and Love,
Randy

Hey Randy oh modeling buddy of mine :)

Yeah I am thinking of putting water in there and the drain and making it wet around the back to simulate a leak hence all the vegetation
but at this point I am not sure how I`m going to do it so if anyone has any advice on how to do water Id really appreciate it.
Round the back will just be achieved with future floor polish

Ive got 2 figures to sort out plus some boxes and jerry cans to carry off the scene (y)

Update,

Having brought back with me a selection of Humbrols I decided that Id do the well in enamels and oils so here goes
starting from base coating and then doing some more intricate stuff :)

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3227.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

Cheers Bob ! :)

Bit of a way to go yet highlighting and more shading,....
I`m going old school and doing some dry brushing today which should be fun (y)

Andy looks great!! What are you using to make the vines??

Terry B)

Well I used some stuff that came out of my sons sceneorama kit he got for a school project its that very wiry thin stuff but I have used wire wool in the past

I hope that helps

Back