Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions 28 Dec 2017 14:58 #7645

All great scores guys! I'm glad you had such a great Christmas.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Latest Acquisitions 31 Dec 2017 03:32 #7646

None of my Christmas stuff has arrived yet and probably won't until next week (or later). I did go by the local Hobby Shop yesterday and ended up buying a kit I wanted but would have passed on if I couldn't have inspected it.

The review on it was horrible, but fortunately it looks like the reviewer either had one that was a test shot or had warped in transit. This one the parts look quit good, especially the fuselage which the reviewer had a really tough time with.

I also finally received the 3 magazines from Valiant Publishing. Mark with Valiant Wings Publishing resent them early in December as they had apparently been lost. I received them just before Christmas so it was nice and timely. Thanks again to Mark Peacock with Valiant Wings Publishing.

Happy New Years to everyone! May 2018 be a wonderful year for you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharkmouth

Latest Acquisitions 31 Dec 2017 08:37 #7647

A look see into the Roden kit will be nice and useful for those that read the review with bad conclusions.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a
Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man,
Well, it surely means that I don't know

Latest Acquisitions 31 Dec 2017 12:52 #7648

Nice hauls folks! Paul, I'll have to pick up a copy of the Bv 141 book!

I bought these for myself,

h4100f25.jpg

h06ef319.jpg

I had read that a lot of reviewers were putting down this Walrus kit but it looks beautiful! certainly more detailed and easier to assemble than the CA kit.
  • sharkman
  • sharkman
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
Warren

On the Bench: Lost count!

Latest Acquisitions 31 Dec 2017 14:09 #7649

sharkmouth wrote:
A look see into the Roden kit will be nice and useful for those that read the review with bad conclusions.

Regards,

I will try and do something with that here soon Saul. Will probably take the fuselage halves and wing parts clip them and fit them together as well. Always helps to "just see it". Have always liked the plane so it would have been real hard to resist anyway.

Latest Acquisitions 31 Dec 2017 15:10 #7650

Heavens Eagle wrote:
sharkmouth wrote:

Regards,

I will try and do something with that here soon Saul. Will probably take the fuselage halves and wing parts clip them and fit them together as well. Always helps to "just see it". Have always liked the plane so it would have been real hard to resist anyway.

I have been wondering about this kit as its an old fav. Would love to read your thoughts. Although it is one i would love I wont be buying it or many more kits any more. Would just like to see what I'm missing :)
  • jknaus
  • jknaus
  • Air Marshall
    Air Marshall

Latest Acquisitions 31 Dec 2017 16:13 #7651

Nice score Paul! I'll be watching the O-2 with interest.

Sharkman, nice scores too. I should pick up a Walrus to go with my Stranraer that I built some years ago.

Latest Acquisitions 02 Jan 2018 23:57 #7652

First, a closer look at the items I posted before from Blue Steel Resin. It turns out that they are extremely short run with only 10 copies made. Glad I got them from Juno Models.

h31f9790.jpg

hd1c5a35.jpg

h8b065e7.jpg

hdb9d041.jpg

h7cae870.jpg

No idea of the kit number on this one...

Best references to use are these from the Blue Steel Publications:

Soldering paste, I hope this works as it was delivered during a very cold spell:

Full interior kit which even includes the rounds stowed on the engine mount (yes, it is true) but strangely leaves out the transmission and squirrel cage fan!

Come to think of it, I don't have a modern German tank but I plan them for another country's crew...

Shermans with faces! I will ignore painting the red and use black instead on the Rice's Red Devils markings:

This is an excellent issue of SAFO with one of the best articles on the Super Entendard operations during the Falkands War:

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a
Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man,
Well, it surely means that I don't know

Latest Acquisitions 03 Jan 2018 03:56 #7653

Some interesting stuff you have there Saul.

Cold shouldn't bother the flux. We used to use solder paste (a mix of flux and micro solder pellets) When not in use it was recommended it be refrigerated. The stuff would age and eventually the solder would oxidize and no longer work. Your flux should be fine.

Latest Acquisitions 03 Jan 2018 06:59 #7654

You get the paste from Digikey?
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

Latest Acquisitions 03 Jan 2018 17:18 #7655

Some bits to support Sherman Campaign builds.

Read on a blog of a gentleman using Wisp brushes to apply streaking, so I picked up a couple while poking around a hobby store. They come in multiple sizes and styles, these were the only two they had left.

Cheers,
Rich
  • RichB
  • RichB
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherman 18

Latest Acquisitions 03 Jan 2018 18:56 #7656

Heavens Eagle wrote:
sharkmouth wrote:

Regards,

AOA Decals has announced a set of 1/32 O-2 decals for the kit. AOA Decals for more info.

Cheers,
Rich
  • RichB
  • RichB
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharkmouth, Heavens Eagle
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds