• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What do you think?

TrackNav

Hello All,
I hope you're all doing well!

I work for a provider of equipment that supplies protective equipment to first responders (military and law-enforcement, as well as civilian) and to EOD Tech's (Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technicians) around the world, and I have been harassing our marketing dept, for over a year, to release a design to some one that can sculpt figures so that we, as a company, can sell our suits to modelers either in 1/35th or in 1/16th.
The reason I am posting this is to find out whether other modelers would be interested in building a figure of an EOD Technician in either standing position or in a kneeling position to defuse an IED or other explosive device.

The suit was featured in the movie “The Hurt Locker” this past summer. A picture will be posted if requested.

What do you guys/girls think? Would this be a good idea for a figure?

Thank you for your time and opinions.
TrackN.

Hehehehe I wear one of those suits , did you have a special order to make one for someone in Australia who was 5 foot ? (we rounded it up an inch :pp)

Jenny :kiss:

I already have a diorama idea for both the kneeling and standing figure possibilites.

bombsquad.jpg

Gary B)

Just do it there are no figures on the market like it that I know of. If you can post some picture of the real thing that will be great.

Great picture by the way.
greeting

Hi All,
thank you for your input, first of all, I really do appreciate it.

Dragon/DML did release two separate suits, with figures, in 1/6th (Denis in Olive Drab and another guy {South Korean police if I remember correctly}, who's name escapes me at this point, in Navy Blue)

A link to the suit that I would, specifically, like released, is below.

Jenny - I do remember the special requirement for your suit, though, it feels like ages ago now.

Gary - I love the picture, it always gives me a huge laugh....

Again, your input and opinions is very much appreciated.

Thanks again,
TrackN.

http://www.lhg.is/media/sprengjudeild/EOD_Technician_on_task.JPG

Apparently, the link didn't work, sorry, I am still learning how to use this site, also, I'm a little computer stupid, so you can chalk it up to user error. :)

the link is: http://www.lhg.is/media/sprengjudeild/EOD_Technician_on_task.JPG

Again, sorry about that...I'm a little slow today. ;)

TrackNav,
I think a set of figures doing EOD work would be great... (y)
Having worked with a bunch of EOD over the 24 years I was in the
Navy I think they would love them too...

I have one question though, Come on, what's with the rainbow in the
background of the picture. :blush:
What is the message there? ;)
Again, would love to see some figures in this posture.
Shawn

Back