• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Your favourite Holiday/Vacation

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Tis the time of the year when the snow lays deep that people think of far off shores

So whats your favourite holiday/vacation destination ?

Mine is

Snorkeling in the coral rich Red Sea on the Coast of Eygpt :)

I have a few:

Sanibel Island,Florida
San Francisco Bay Area
Monterey,Carmel,Napa
Cayman Island's

Yeah for Sanibel, lived there for 6 years and worked on the island for 12 years, out there every weekend. My favorite getaway is Key West, Fl. exactly 100 miles by boat or 295 by car, great fishing, diving and nightlife.

Tom

Well wasn't a vacation, but did a month TD in Australia at RAAF Amberly. Got to the Gold Coast to do some swimming and lounging one of the days and went to the Koala preserve another. Almost emigrated after that trip.
James

My fav place to chill out is in the Maldives.

Each resort is an island and you have your own private beach. Just love the white beaches and clear blue sea that stretches for ever. Perfect place to kick back and get sloshed! :D

DPP_0185.jpg

DPP_0557.jpg

There's plenty to do as well like feeding stingrays. Check out that little black tip shark coming in for a closer look!

DPP_0336.jpg

And my best experience was diving with giant manta rays. :woohoo: They are so graceful and beautiful.

IMG_051.jpg

Id love to see one of those !!!!!! I did get to swim and follow a Hawkbill turtle for about half and a half about 2 years ago.

I only snorkle not dive due to my asthma sadly !!

I'd have to say that my favourite vacation spot tends to be anywhere me, Bel and the kids can get too. A nice secluded spot with plenty of fishing, shellfish, swimming, and general lazing around. The two best locations I've come across for this would have to be Okains Bsy, and Pigeon Bay on Banks Peninsular (South Island, NZ).

Unfortunately these locations are not on the map for this year, but we have started planning for next years holiday, and these 2 locations are on the list.

Cheers

Rob

Back