• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modeller versus fauna

BradJ

Well after some scratching sounds from the rainhead near the front door I decided to investigate with a beer.
I removed the down pipe and voila! A rectangular Possum?

IMG_0681.jpg

Punk.

wow looks very rectangular, do you also have other form´s round, elipse or triangle :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:

greets Mirko

:laugh: Watch he does not climb up you Brad , they will scratch the crap out of you ! :laugh: We had one in dads shearers quaters and one of the guys went to catch it and needed half a dozen stitches !

Jenny :kiss:

Mirko, he shot out of the downpipe after some persuasionand then rocketed up the nearest tree... Stoopid thing tried to climb back into the downpipes from the roof gutters
A quick dose of garlic and he is held at bay up the top of the tree now...

jenny croft wrote:
:laugh: Watch he does not climb up you Brad , they will scratch the crap out of you !
Ooh yeah I was well ready with a large stick, shorts and steel caps... Especially those brushtails... Mean buggers.

Glenn, it was a Mexican beer, so I think he was glad to sit there and watch me neck it and hope I'd maybe keel over
:eek:hmy: :laugh:

Brad,
He doesn't look all that mean, but looks can be deceiving huh? :evil:

Moth balls seem to work on small rodents around these parts, don't know
if it would work down there? (We tell the kids that they are rodent mints)...
:woohoo: Not good for humans but they love them... Seems that they love
them so much they go away forever.
Shawn

shawngehling wrote:
Moth balls seem to work on small rodents around these parts, don't know
if it would work down there? (We tell the kids that they are rodent mints)...

Holy Crap :eek:hmy: , How big are the moths over there ? :eek:hmy:

If you have a mothball in your left hand and a mothball in your right, what do you have?

A big frigging moth!! :huh:

Tom

tomwes wrote:
If you have a mothball in your left hand and a mothball in your right, what do you have?

A big frigging moth!!

GROAN! :S

That one belongs in the joke thread!

Regards,

Thanks Shawn, that was to be my second consideration! I might see if the mothballs are in the cupboard. I haven't the energy to delve into the world of mothball jokes :pinch: :laugh:
Brad

sabla wrote:
wow looks very rectangular, do you also have other form´s round, elipse or triangle :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:

greets Mirko

Well, out here in California we got round ones. I think that must be right, cause we call em O possums out here.

Gary B)

These are different , these are Marsupials :) , ie. rear their young in a pouch . Strictly a down under thing , they are in New Guinea and also New Zealand too ;)

well GCooper that was a nice hint i have now the namerigths for cubepossom in Europe

:laugh:

greets mirko

jenny croft wrote:
:laugh: Watch he does not climb up you Brad , they will scratch the crap out of you ! :laugh: We had one in dads shearers quaters and one of the guys went to catch it and needed half a dozen stitches !

Well the ones you got down there look kinda cute and cuddly.

This is what we got around here.

Opossum.jpg

Definately NOT something you want crawling up you while all Peed off :woohoo:

Gary B)

Well here in South Jersey we don't go anywhere near possums , ..... too dangerous .................

We usually just stick to huntin squirrels ................

deadsquirrel.jpg

Disclaimer : This is a pic off the internet there is no way I would harm a poor little squirrel , ............ unless maybe he was after my nuts ...............

Cheyenne wrote:
Well here in South Jersey we don't go anywhere near possums , ..... too dangerous .................

We usually just stick to huntin squirrels ................

deadsquirrel.jpg

Hey the men there are the same size as me :pp

You go girl , ............. better not be that tall , ......... you'll need a step stool to climb the curb to get outta the street ................ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheyenne wrote:
deadsquirrel.jpg

Disclaimer : This is a pic off the internet there is no way I would harm a poor little squirrel , ............ unless maybe he was after my nuts ...............

glenn - although i really, really like you you are damn lucky to have posted that disclaimer! squirrels are friends and i have two squirrel feeder hanging on the fence under my living room window to watch my three squirrel friends having breakfast every morning! (two black and one red!)

if you hadn't posted that disclaimer i would have kicked you really hard in a body part where the sun never shines! as hard as mulligan's shells that always hit the wrong place!

Laura , ....... disclaimer = safety first !!!

I have a squirrel family that lives in the upper portion of a large shed we have in the back yard .
Every year [ about 18 yrs now ] the squirrels breed and the whole family hangs out with us all summer .
I guess after all this time they have gotten used to us and the treats we give them .
It's not unusual to be in the hot tub sipping a beer when one or two of them hop up on the side and wait for a peanut . They are not afraid of the dog and Cheyenne pays them no mind .
The really cool thing is when the little ones and mom or dad hop up on the tiki bar and eat peanuts while me and the missus have a late night brew .

Disclaimer : No , me in the hot tub and peanuts jokes !!! :blush: :blush:

Can you take a picature for me Glenn ? :) We do not have them here in Australia :(

I think the Koalas ate them all :laugh:

Back