• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Quarantine

phantom II

Master at Arms
No worries . We have been training for years for this situation .

h3fb4eca.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

:laugh:
In a lot ways I think that we are one of the best suited demographics for this. I keep hearing on the news down here about how are people going to stop the boredom!! really! I can't imagine anyone at MA worrying about that. :idonno
I find that incomprehensible as a lifetime artist, modelbuilder, researcher, musician, reader, video gamer and movie addict. I love to do sport to but you can't always do that, especially in quarrentine/lockdown.
Well I am in for 5 weeks and I am going to love it!
Why don't more people have a hobby? What do they do with their time after work (if not doing a sport)?

Is it the same for you guys in your countries or is it just an Ozzie thing?

Ian.

Fact is, I've gone into the plant more this week than I have in the last two months. I've been trying to work from home for several months now, actually get more done than sitting at the plant.

Being retired and living the life of a hermit, this stay at home thing hasn't really affected me. I can still go to the park for my daily jaunt and other places for necessities as required. I had some stock of TP before this started which was a good thing as the shelves have been empty in all the local stores for weeks. I did decide to stop shaving until the stay at home order is lifted, if I'm going to live like a hermit I may as well look the part :laugh: The only other thing I've done is to break out my meager collection of firearms, get them cleaned and checked out and strategically placed in case this whole mess drags out long enough that folks start getting desperate ! :fencing

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace.

To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things I'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off 6 bottles of beer, a bottle of Kosher wine, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!

LOL! I got it as a text from a co-worker this morning. Had to figure out how to migrate it from phone-txt to text on 'puter to post it.

Enjoy! :D

Day 14

It has been a bad week. I have split a tip, run our of primer, broken my shaker the dogs are mad at me and this evening I got the THREE BEEPS of DEATH from my newer laptop (Similar to the Blue screen of Death on a PC) (I an using a 2007 MacBook, currently) All of my current stuff of course is on the 2012 MacBook Pro. I will be able to recover the data, but what a pain in the arse. I will not comment on the condition of other computing devices in my house.

Famine, plagues, drought, & being underpaid I can handle… not having my laptop is a bitch!

I can either buy new RAM or take the stimulus money (or whatever they are calling it and buy a new computer. Guess which I'm thinking of.

Day 14

It has been a bad week. I have split a tip, run our of primer, broken my shaker the dogs are mad at me and this evening I got the THREE BEEPS of DEATH from my newer laptop (Similar to the Blue screen of Death on a PC) (I an using a 2007 MacBook, currently) All of my current stuff of course is on the 2012 MacBook Pro. I will be able to recover the data, but what a pain in the arse. I will not comment on the condition of other computing devices in my house.

Famine, plagues, drought, & being underpaid I can handle… not having my laptop is a bitch!

I can either buy new RAM or take the stimulus money (or whatever they are calling it and buy a new computer. Guess which I'm thinking of.

Next week, Barney tries to build another model. :popcorn

Back