• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Well........

fightnjoe

It has been a long time since I posted on this forum.

To be honest I am rarely posting anywhere lately. I have looked in now and again but just could not seem to hit the keys. The last few years has been a road I never believed I would walk. Faced some things that I never wanted to believe I had to deal with. My building has slowed to a crawl at best. I completed two early 2018 but have not come close since.

With a great deal of help from others I have been trying to battle through to get back to a point I had been prior to all this. Honestly several times I was nearly to the point where I desired to drop the hobby among other things. Although in a somewhat better place in my head it is still not a good place. There are days that honestly all I want to do is shut down. I am not looking anymore that far in the future. Just to get through the day or even the hour.

Not a poor me post, just a check in with a sketchy reason for not being around.

Joe

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties Joe.

I was away from building models for about 10 years. I still had the kits, and many of the tools. Eventually I came back to building models. Now I have better skills than I ever had before. I still have days and times where I just can't bring myself to sit at the bench, but it comes back around.

Well, we all have to deal with the future,and the past, it's just not healthy to spend too much time there. The specious present is the best place to be, especially for old farts like a lot of us are.

Specious Present "the short duration of which we are immediately and incessantly sensible".

Sad things happen, but I am reminded of the dying words of an old man- "I had a lot of troubles in my life, but most of them never happened".

Not trying to trivialize, Joe, when we are in a bad place it is tough. I wish the best for you!

Back