• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

For modelers!

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
img-1.png

Funny, the wife says this is invalid... Wonder why?

Of course she says that is invalid, John!

They are taught things like that in those, "How to control your husbands" classes! :)

I never let my wife take those!!! :) Unfortunately, she already had that installed when we got married!

Bob

Thanks for the replies all you guys! I found that chart on the Internet and thought it would be appreciated!

I ran VLS for more than 20 years and our mail order/Website department was always a hoot! So many ways to deceive the wifey! I got so many lessons on how to buy models and accessories without the wife knowing! Guys would send cashier's checks so the bill wouldn't show up on the credit card statements. They would have the models shipped to their offices or their mom's house. I always wondered how their growing collection was hidden from the little lady? Some apparently weren't so shrewd. We occasionally got phone calls from the Missus inquiring if hubby had bought anything lately. We did our best! In those instances, our computer system would curiously be down temporarily! :) I mean customer loyalty was our middle name! We even had some massive returns when the wife discovered all that stuff we had just sent hubby! Life is hell for a married modeler, know what I mean? :)

Actually Lynne is really supportive, plus she knew what she was getting into. I made sure to spend a few Saturday afternoons together browsing hobby shops before we got married...

Actually Lynne is really supportive, plus she knew what she was getting into. I made sure to spend a few Saturday afternoons together browsing hobby shops before we got married...

Hey John!

I was just going along with the joke! I gotta tell you, how many wives would tolerate the entire lower level of their home to be nothing but this stuff? I lucked out with my Susan! Been married for 54 years and never heard her complain once!

040_zps2vktpotn.jpg

Bob

Hey John!

I was just going along with the joke! I gotta tell you, how many wives would tolerate the entire lower level of their home to be nothing but this stuff? I lucked out with my Susan! Been married for 54 years and never heard her complain once!

040_zps2vktpotn.jpg

Bob

I knew what you were up to, no worries. And I think more are willing to put up with our hobbies than they let on!

Hey John!

040_zps2vktpotn.jpg

Bob

I knew what you were up to, no worries. And I think more are willing to put up with our hobbies than they let on!

I would agree! My wife has her woodworking as a hobby. I don't ask how much she spends on that and she doesn't ask how much I spend on mine.

I once read, maybe on this forum or another, a post by someone who said something to the effect, "I go down to my bench and work for a couple hours a night, and my wife knows I'm home, safe, and not out getting in trouble or spending money on drinking etc.. "

I showed this to my wife and she thought it was quite funny!

My first wife was pretty much ok with my hobbies. Thing is I had too many hobbies at that time. Collected vintage VW's models and gaming. These days I have one vintage bug in storage and model kits. No longer much stuff in gaming.

Back