• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wow my daughter is not like me!!

SA Dave

Last week my Daughter not only got school colors for academics again. Also got the best point for Civil Engineering (Beating out all those boys) but she was also made next years head girl. Damn this daddies very proud.
h4fadf53.jpg

Seems I put the badge on at a bad angle

Taylor Swift has this for her:

Taylor_Swift_thumbs_up.gif

Congratulations on the good work!

Then I will go along with John on what it all means

Congrats! (But could you explain to this old yankee what that all means?)

First thanks to you all for the comments.

Now to the question Head girl I think says it all by itself

School Colors in academics is only given if a kid maintains an 80% avarage through the year on all theyr exams (I think its called an 4.0 GPA in USA)

We still have school clothes in SA mostly and they get to wear special blazers with a special school emblem on it.

You can also get school colors for sport if you represent the nation or one of the mayor provincial teams.

School colors for culture is one of the more dificult ones to get but our highest scouts award in SA is a Presidential Scout (Highest scouting achievement for school aged kids) she is still looking to achieve that next year.

then she has also gotten School colors for leadership Basicly only the head girl and head boy gets that except if you lead a national team in sport.

So looks like by next year she would get 3 x School colors

Not bad for a girl that was almost a wall flower in primary school!!

A very impressive girl!

So the head girl has the highest Grade Point Average in her grade?

I find the differences interesting between SA and USA.

Here a GPA of 4.0 is at least 91%. 80% would be a 3.0, still very respectable.

When you partake in a Varsity sport here you get Lettered. The letter is the first name of the school, so my son
got a Capitol "S" for his team jacket.

h39bd191.jpg

All very interesting!

Beeing an old English colony till 1961 our school system is more like the old English system Most of africas is. That includes school clothing and 4 distinct semesters Holidays usualy falls still at mayor harvesting seasons.

Oh and our school year is from Jan to Dec Xmass holidays is our loooong summer break usualy 6 to 7 weeks. In June we have 3 to 4 weeks holidays But at least we dont have such cold winters Snow limited to mountains.

Back