• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard's decals

Big10

So Eduard has been using Cartograph decals but in a recent newsletter, stated that their second one on the limited Edition P-51 decals would be printed by them.

Well I received the 2nd run kit and must say the decals printed by them are dull in color and look no where as good compared to my kits containing Cartograph decals.

I have included a picture of both but not sure if you will be able to tell on the screen but in person it is very noticeable.

Eduard's

h84d7c25.jpeg

Cartograph

hff34914.jpeg

Those were taken by my phone. I will see if I can get better pictures this weekend using my DSLR now that I see how they look posted.

All I can say is I hope they at least go down smooth without any breakage or cracking. Any clearcoat (dull or gloss) changes the appearance of decals anyway.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

All I can say is I hope they at least go down smooth without any breakage or cracking. Any clearcoat (dull or gloss) changes the appearance of decals anyway.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

In the newsletter they said they would be thinner and not as heavy as a carrier film, I believe it.

Going have to be very careful with these it looks like, hopefully they are somewhat tear resistance.

Back