• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Working on the MoJo...

Barney

Where can I find a canopy for the old Monogram/Revel F4U? You know the one with the bendy wings and retracting landing gear? It came from Hobby Lobby smushed and it is too far to just run down and exchange it... besides, I'm 20% through the build.

:frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic

I remember that kit from when I was a kid. Got it and the Helldiver kits at the same time.

Sorry though, no canopy in my goodie box.

Barney have you thought of ordering a new one from Squadron? They have vac canopies for all kinds of aircraft, especially in 1/48 scale. Check out their site.

BTW, it was a thrill to meet you in Chattanooga man! So glad to see you.

Day 26 of no Airbrush!

I ordered a new one... Hoping it would come in someday... I need to paint! I need the smell of toxic chemicals! I need the stutter of the compressor. :frantic :frantic :frantic

I need a 12 step process!

Load up a paint brush and blow...no really, saw someone do that as a splatter technique once :rotf

Day 26 of no Airbrush!

I ordered a new one... Hoping it would come in someday... I need to paint! I need the smell of toxic chemicals! I need the stutter of the compressor. :frantic :frantic :frantic

I need a 12 step process!

You ordered an H & S airbrush I believe, they mine the metal and refine it to order, then machine and make the airbrush. Just keep in mind:
It's so worth it,
It's so worth it.

A while back I ordered some replacement parts for my Krome and it took a very LONG time to get them. Lucky for me I was able to repair the damaged part and it is still in the brush doing the job intended.

Back