• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Port Stephens Model show.

Plastik Smurff

A 12 table show held on the weekend and it was only 3 hours away so I decided to have a look.

hbf149ac.JPG

hbee9c16.JPG

hc849a48.JPG

h0039bf0.JPG

h1e427b6.JPG

h366b0f7.JPG

h762b5a3.JPG

h3dcb6fd.JPG

h78de09a.JPG

hafc1b6c.JPG

h9cf862c.JPG

h2f0d964.JPG

These are all paper models and the detail is unbelievable.The gent that makes them said he built timber/balsa ships all his life and wanted a change an a challenge.

h77146bc.JPG

h72ba645.JPG

hc8eceac.JPG

h9e32f11.JPG

hdabf8af.JPG

hfb5b668.JPG

h26c91d7.JPG

heb35088.JPG

h0b32d5a.JPG

h3aaf928.JPG

h426996f.JPG

h7902160.JPG

These are built to 72nd scale and are amazing to look at. They have a Facebook page "Task Force 72" if you wish to look more.This group is the largest scale model ship group in Australia and have been going for over twenty years. And that North Carolina hull is massive in the flesh and will be able to fire it's main gun's I have been told. :captain

These are built to 72nd scale and are amazing to look at. They have a Facebook page "Task Force 72" if you wish to look more.This group is the largest scale model ship group in Australia and have been going for over twenty years. And that North Carolina hull is massive in the flesh and will be able to fire it's main gun's I have been told. :captain

If my math is right, 16" gun in 1:72 that's a .22 cal. :blink

If my math is right, 16" gun in 1:72 that's a .22 cal. :blink

Well thankfully not at true velocity and only a show explosion. There is one there that fired a surface to air missile and they had that on a video loop playing (couldn't get a good recording of it).
Also a fully working sub as well.
I might make the effort to go an look at one of their club day's ,they do look cool. :captain

Also thank you for everyone commenting I know the pics are not great but it's hard on a phone. :bang head

Damn you...you've got me contemplating if I want to make a run down to Portland for their show in October. Would likely have to be an overnighter though...4+ hour drive each way if I manage to dodge traffic. There is another one up in Vancouver coming up this fall as well that is a lot closer...just have to deal with a border crossing which can be hit or miss.

Thanks for sharing.

It's a lot of effort to publish pictures from a show like this. I appreciate your efforts!
Who is Danny Vadas? Pretty cool paper models!
Thanks Smurf! :good: :drinks :ro:

It's a lot of effort to publish pictures from a show like this. I appreciate your efforts!
Who is Danny Vadas? Pretty cool paper models!
Thanks Smurf! :good: :drinks :ro:

Danny Vadas is the gentleman who is building the models and is in his late 70's (he didn't want his picture taken) He still has a very steady hand as it's all hand cut part's. The photo's do not do the work justice looking at them in the flesh they are amazing.

Back