• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

to all you vets

iambrb

Ok, so totally saw this on FB, and it summed up how I feel about you vets around the world, in both great and not-so-great health

ha568fd2.jpg

thanks!

Same in the UK for those who were in the forces after WWII. It's like it didn't matter because they / we weren't in combat. Just the way of things.

Ian.

I had a class of 10th graders, years ago, who asked me to bring in my medals to show them. I normally wouldn't do it, but these were really good kids. One of the parents came in for a visit and asked if they were mine. I said yes. She then went on to explain that whatever they might think, based on her 20 years as a Marine, I was someone to be respected.

The next day the kid comes up to me and says "Momma tells me that you are one nasty M F. and not to give you a hard time."

Best year teaching ever!

Kids in the US for years had no idea what a veteran was. Not they have an idea and soon will know from personal experience.

Back