• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

B-29 and B-24 Pictures

dollar19

I recently got to do a walking tour of B-29 FIFI and B-24 Diamond Lil at my local airport. Basically I spent 8 hours taking pictures of everything I could get my little camera and phone to focus on.

The back end of FIFI was closed off so i Couldnt get in there but managed to hold the camera high enough to get a few picyures of the radar and apu compartment no pictures of the waist gunners compartment. but pretty much everything else. The cockpit was open but roped off forward of the engineeer's station. I still got some good cockpit shots.
h1100d60.jpg

h2f2d2b5.jpg

hb6c3482.jpg

h41d595e.jpg

I have all kinds of exterior pictures too. if any of you want or need pictures let me know. id post them up here but it would take forever to do.

hb7ae9a8.jpg

Look to the right of the pilots seat. AC and pilot each had throttles
, all were linked together with the FE's set

You're right, think that was a master throttle. The flight engineer worked all the settings for each engine.

Hey guy, just put your good photos in a folder on your computer and upload them. It really doesn't take all that much time. I for one would love to see more photos of these planes.

Yellow ZC on top of Green ZC on top of metal finish, Love it! Notice all the greens in the bombay.

Back