• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doc visits Tulsa

Paulw

There was a lull in the rain that we've been plagued with for the past three weeks. Kurt invited me to tag along with him to go and see Doc at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum this past Saturday. Sitting on the tarmac was also Millie G, an F4U-4 and a T-6. Kurt seemed to really enjoy himself but he wont let that be known to the general public.

Here are some pics.

hb4d7e6c.JPG

hb73dede.jpg

h9b624d6.jpg

h5b9501c.JPG

ha8e9112.JPG

h1902ba7.jpg

h2287db9.jpg

Excellent photos Paul! Glad you got to get out there and see them. Looks like you could walk right up to them and take all kinds of detail pics as well. I'm surprised they had those aircraft flying into Tulsa with all the bad weather you guys have been having.

(y)

WOW, did we have a treat. A national treasure, B29 DOC, was in our home town. Three of us from Tulsa Modelers Forum, Paul, Casey and I went to the Tulsa Air and Space Museum who hosted DOC, a Corsair, P51 and a Texan. If you have not had a chance to see DOC let me tell you it is one impressive aircraft restoration. It is a beauty. That is not to say the other 3 aircraft were anything less than great. To experience the sound and smell, on start up, of those engines is something I won't forget for awhile.
Better than that, the 3 of us had a chance to chat about aircraft and modeling. During our 1.5 hour monthly club meetings we do not have time to talk one on one. FUN was had by all!
Kurt

Back