• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Here is the scoop on the Knoxville show.

Heavens Eagle

I am planning on leaving Memphis in the weeee hours on Saturday morning to get there in the AM. Would love to meet up with someone from MA while there.

Anyone going to Knoxville on May 18th?

Well if i weren't going to Salisbury Md on the 16 I might had been able to do this. That's a long day trip but sure would have been a good show I think.

Expecting a full report Paul! (y)

It was a bit of a drive and a bit tricky to get to, but made it there a little after 10 eastern time. It seems they had a light turn out this year. The best of show winner was a figure which I somehow missed. :facepalm

About the only thing I really had to take was the Albatros so it went and was put on display. Mainly went to see what that show was like and to meet some new folks.

h8f00a03.jpg

h4013715.jpg

h7006d35.jpg

h1ef4e3c.jpg

hcaaf43a.jpg

hc0467fb.jpg

h833bce5.jpg

h6863c7c.jpg

h1d5078a.jpg

h265c956.jpg

h4c97f2d.jpg

Here are some more photos. There was a real light turn out in the aircraft, while armor had a few more. The biggest turn out were car modelers.

h24574a3.jpg

hecaef3f.jpg

h463ecc7.jpg

h627cf5c.jpg

h608b5db.jpg

h3e9578b.jpg

h88795d3.jpg

h4ca11ff.jpg

hc490ac0.jpg

he37f0d7.jpg

hbe3b5f9.jpg

hea95769.jpg

h9fa3718.jpg

h4fe606f.jpg

h523e049.jpg

h4c1a800.jpg

h679889f.jpg

Yeah my Albatros won it's category (against a Skyraider) The category was 1/48th Propeller, and it won best aircraft which was a bit of a surprise as the jet fighters were quite nice. So that is my first class win.

The F-86D and F-100 (?) were both display only from the sponsoring club. I thought many of the display builds were as nice as anything that other folks brought.

Congrats Paul! (y)
Well deserved :notworthy

I was wondering if the General would make another appearance in Knoxville. (the real one use to be there)

Thanks for the Cudos everyone.

I am happy with the Albatros as it turned out. It was a fair bit of work but I also learned a lot. A bunch of stuff went right and had a couple of near disasters that I was able to fix. Have one on the Shelf of Doom that was the first kit I started after my many year hiatus. I really need to just pull it out and finish it. It is the ancient Eduard Hannover CL.IIIa. A really horrible kit but I made many huge strides with it before burn out hit. I should pull it out and finish it. It would be a show stopper as anyone that has ever tried to build it screws it up.

That is probably what I need to do. Pull out my shelved kits and work on them. I have a number of them and a couple that go back to the 80's.

Well Done & congratulations! :notworthy Good pictures too! (y) Pick-ups & Commercial trucks & Funny cars! Oh My!
:rotf :yipee

Paul;

First off: congratulations for your well-deserved award. That was truly an epic model!

Second, thanks for posting these excellent pics. I love looking at model in other shows.

Third, I agree, it's time to pull some Shelf of Doom kits down and get them moved over the finish line. I'm slowly doing that myself. I'll be looking forward to seeing your next projects.

Thanks Mark and Chris! Chris I took the photo of the little ship at sea with aircraft, just for you!

Mark, there were a few 1/72 armor and aircraft at the show. As I said it seemed like it was lightly attended. Not sure if I will make the long drive again next year.

I am heading to Wonderfest in 9 days and am looking forward to an interesting time there. I am taking a figure painting class, which I will be trying out some new paints. There will also be a number of fantastic large scale figures and Sci-Fi builds there. Seems like it was close to the Nationals in size but more specialized in content.

Paul;,

Are you planning to go to the Chattanooga IPMS Nationals? Several have asked Susan and I to meet them there. We are giving it serious consideration. Not certain as yet.

Bob

Bob, I'm hoping you do come to the Nationals in Chattanooga. I am planning on going there myself and it's looking more and more like I'll be able to go. Mike Moore has asked me to bring my entire small scale armor collection out to his convention to put on the display tables; this time it'll be between 750 and 775 armor models instead of the 700 I had at Phoenix. I would love for you to come and see it there.

Back