• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Top Secret pics of MP's Man Cave

iambrb

Here we have a pic of great things happening:

h9e8ffc9.JPG

and here is one with me photo-bombing:

hb42bf84_2019-05-05.JPG

It was great fun, hope to do it again!

You little sneak...:smack

Had a good time, I agree with Eric, PE sucks.

I didn't factor in the heavy gun barrel that we're trying to solder to actually acting as a heat sink. Would have done well with a resistance soldering station but...

You not going to tell everyone what you found? :D

You not going to tell everyone what you found? :D

That I helped you find the source of dead-animal smell and I have now allowed you to re-in-habit the man-cave? Noo, I was gonna let you do it.

PS, I still want the empty 37mm casing

Glad you were able to get rid of the stink Bob. Now you can go to the man cave again. :D

You guys and your PE phobias. I can solder about any of it with a 30 watt soldering iron. There are tricks and experience has a bit to do with it, but it can be done easily.

Some things just don't need to be soldered, but have to be clean so the CA will actually bond.

Of course tiny parts will flip and pop no matter how careful you are. I am lucky in that now I have a hardwood floor and the parts can be found by sweeping with an old drafting brush. Still helps to keep the floor cleaned periodically as dust and debris do build up even when I am not in there working.

It's not so much phobia Paul but experience yes. We did get the one part on the barrel but in hind sight we shouldn't had tried it. Chalk it up to experience. (y)

I wouldn't say "PE phobias"...Just good ol fashion Hate :evil:

It was good to get some hands on practice but I'm not sure if this whole soldering thing is for me. I was give some homework in the form of ammo cans so I'll give these a shot and see how it all turns out.

:v

Back