• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PE Hates me...and I Hate PE

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
:bang head ... :vmad ... :bang head ... :vmad :vmad
Just needed to get that off my chest.
And for all of you who have cracked the code to successfully working with "IT"...you have my undying respect and inveny!!

:bang head :bang head

We all have a love hate relationship with PE. I will tell you a resistance solder unit makes things much better and a quality bending tool too!

:bang head ... :vmad ... :bang head ... :vmad :vmad
Just needed to get that off my chest.
And for all of you who have cracked the code to successfully working with "IT"...you have my undying respect and inveny!!

:bang head :bang head

Bring some over, we'll have a foldin' party.

M2A1021504.jpg

A while back I built a 1/48th Albatros D.I. On it the Master Model machine guns were used. These had some of the smallest PE parts I have ever dealt with.

Excellent magnification and a 2 or 3 high end tweezers made the difference and I ended up with some awesome machine guns for this build. Here are the photos of those machine guns.

ALb_D-I_033.jpg

ALb_D-I_034.jpg

ALb_D-I_035.jpg

ALb_D-I_038.jpg

Thanks everybody for the encouragement...but like I said...undying respect. :notworthy

Plus I'm ok with the Hate :coolio

I just need to step away and clear my head and come back at this from a different angle. :bat
:v

Ha! I feel your pain, I have gotten to the point where I'm quite comfortable taking the photo-etch out of a brand new kit and dropping it in the garbage can. It seems to serve no other purpose than to drive me mad! So, you're not alone. I have built many kits without it and the world hasn't ended.

Thanks everybody for the encouragement...but like I said...undying respect. :notworthy

Plus I'm ok with the Hate :coolio

I just need to step away and clear my head and come back at this from a different angle. :bat
:v

Magnification is the key. I have a 1/72 Airfix Do17Z that I added the PE flaps to. Each of the little intersections had a small diamond shape on it.

45YL-058.jpg

I finally had to resort to my stereo microscope to get the little diamond pieces in place. Being able to see it made a huge difference and the finished parts looked great.

John is also right about the optivisor with the flip down loupe to see better.

You guys are masters!!
Me? Tonight I just cut up a fret of Aires 1/32 photo etch seat belts like a bad credit card.

Back