• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Would you look who is painting figures!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
I never knew this, did you?

54729809_2490030564343534_2274207456932397056_n.jpg

That's not real is it?

The fingers have a highlight around it and theres a Tahk tat on his forearm.

It looks like he's painting (or glazing) something, the brush and background looks genuine, but the figures look 'shopped in.

Does the KGB have a 'crafts' training program that isn't spy? :D

That's not real is it?

The fingers have a highlight around it and theres a Tahk tat on his forearm.

It looks like he's painting (or glazing) something, the brush and background looks genuine, but the figures look 'shopped in.

Does the KGB have a 'crafts' training program that isn't spy? :D

It was taken off the Internet so you never know if it is real or not! Maybe it was just a photo op?

I know of several celebrities that build models. Ned Beatty, one of his roles was Lex Luthor's sidekick in the 1978 Movie Superman. He did a movie in the St. Louis area where I lived and I met him at a hobby shop that was close by. There are more modeling celebrities than you think.

Bob

I had seen this photo before, it looks younger ... note the Russian figures maker (TAHK) in this photo.

Luiz.

If anyone can use a "Brain Vacation" I don't know why more Heads of State (?!?) don't make models.
Maybe they do, they just haven't found our "Site yet?
:idonno
Is there a picture of Fidel building an A-26 Invader or Sea Fury anywhere?
:rotf :rotf :rotf

Well, You never know what is real and what is not on the Internet! My only suspicion was the brush he was painting that figure with. It was really beat up! But, then......... it was Russia so.............

I thought I read somewhere that Nixon use to build model ships in the oval office. :hmmm

Hmmm, I thought that was Reagan. He did say something about not being a man until one built a model ship or something like that.

I do remember "who ever" it was would get mad if he was interrupted. Just thought it was Nixon. Might not be as I can't find anything about it on President Bush's Googler

Roosevelt had a model ship collection

I do know that possibly the most famous aircraft modeler ever, built a scratch 1/32nd model of President George H.W. Bushes plane, a TBF Avenger that Bush was shot down in and presented it to him at the White House. Arlo Schroeder was, in my opinion, the best aircraft builder I ever encountered. He was a pilot in WW II and 20 years older than me. Back in the 1980s, whenever he entered an IPMS National competition, he took Best of show, always!!! All his planes were scratch built and were in 1/32nd scale. They were a vision to behold! He built them exactly as the real ones were made from Ribs and Stringers and then skinned out, everything from scratch.

Here are a couple of photos of him and his wife at The White House.

turkey14.jpg

And here you can see the Avenger he presented to Bush.

Who_dat.JPG

This is the Curtiss BFC-2 Goshawk totally scratch built! I was fortunate to see this one and several others\ in person.

1c17bdd92befe314a1e8e4a91df47655.jpg

And another of his pre-war scratch aircraft models.

arlotbd24.jpg

As I have said most of my life. When you get to thinking you are really good at this model building, think again. This old guy has known some real model gods! What I do compared to so many of them is pretty damned average.

Arlo passed away in 1995 I believe. We lost a giant!

Bob Letterman

Back