• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

(Even) Proud(er) Papa Moment.

ausf

Master at Arms
My youngest boy just got accepted into one of nineteen spots for Webb, one of the Worlds leading Naval Engineering schools. It's what he had his heart set on and he'll get dual degrees in engineering and architecture, spending his summers in shipyards, the arctic and possibly Japan or Scandinavia.

:captain

An hour after he got that call, Stevens Institute of Technology also accepted him (his backup) and offered him a free ride.

My chest is bursting with pride, I need a drink. :drinks

Edit: He just got accepted into Cooper Union. The Cooper Union. The engineering school that Lincoln spoke. He still prefers to go to Webb.

Proud Papa Moment.

Superb Jeff!

OrsonWellesClap.gif

Proud Papa Moment.

WOW & CONGRATS! See what modeling can f= do for ya?

My youngest boy just got accepted into one of nineteen spots for Webb, one of the Worlds leading Naval Engineering schools. It's what he had his heart set on and he'll get dual degrees in engineering and architecture, spending his summers in shipyards, the arctic and possibly Japan or Scandinavia.

:captain

An hour after he got that call, Stevens Institute of Technology also accepted him (his backup) and offered him a free ride.

My chest is bursting with pride, I need a drink. :drinks

Proud Papa Moment.

Thanks again guys.

See what modeling can f= do for ya?

You're not far off. In his interview process, he and the president discussed WWII and naval design, I have a feeling it had a lot to do with him getting a spot. We have a few RC sub and MTB projects around here and that gave him a leg up with the professors too.

Webb's history is important to them, so I think they appreciated his love of it and that started with models when he was 5.

Proud Papa Moment.

Thanks again guys.

A lot of work ahead of him, it's in his hands now. But he can write his own ticket.

My wife's uncle went to Annapolis and was sent by the Navy to MIT afterwards for engineering and he holds Webb right up there with both in terms of education.

Back