• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Don't complain a kit takes to long to build ....

RichB

Gerald Shaw has donated a 12 ft, 3,600lb, $2.6 million dollar model of the USS Forrestal he has spent the last 30 years building to the US Naval Academy.

USS Forrestal Model

Cheers,
Rich

I cant look at the pics except the first one but WOW that's nice. Don't think I have the patience or interest to spend that long building it though.

1'=8"
1/96 scale?
Those aircraft look bigger than 1/72.

That's amazing, true labor of love. Great looking model also!

So much advertising on that page hard for me to see it Mats. I'll look around if there are any more pictures. The guy doesn't look like he's posting pictures online.

Definitely impressive. I'm not sure about the reporting though.

I'm with Pup, looks like an existing scale, he didn't scratch build all the AC did he?

When they use terms like anchors the size of a housefly, or golfball sized motors, WTF?

How do they come up with the 2.6 million USD valuation? It seems like that would be part of the story.

Back