• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Not how we expected it to go...

Gator

Three months ago my wife surprised me with news that we were expecting our second child. After the initial shock of being a new dad at 50, we realized that this child was an answer to our prayers. Ian was going to have an advocate and someone to look after him after we were gone. It was something that had been weighing heavy on my mind.

Everything was going great with the pregnancy, the baby was very active. Renee was having to closely watch her diabeties but she was doing good. When the baby was old enough to be able to determine the sex, it was never still enough to get a look. My bet was the the baby was a girl. Both of my older brothers have two children, a boy first and then a girl. I knew we were going to follow the pattern.

On January 18, we went to have a 4D ultrasound done to finally find out the sex. Renee couldn’t walk the halls at work without someone asking if she knew what she was having. So off we went to pay to have an ultrasound done. Shortly after the ultrasound started, the tech informed us that there was no heartbeat. We called Renee’s doctor and immediately went to the hospital. The hospital confirmed that the baby had passed away. On January 24, our daughter Riley Grace was stillborn. We are taking each day one at a time. Renee started back to work Wednesday and I go back to work Monday.

So sorry to hear this, Kenny. Thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

A big hug to you and your wife Kenny!
7 years ago on february 14 Veerle and I got the same notice as you, our son Rasmus had passed 6 months old.
It's something you never want to happen to anyone...
Take good care of eachother and you are all with us in our thoughts.

Mats & Veerle

My wife and I are truly sorry for your loss, while mear words can never convey such sadness know that you and Renee are in the thoughts and prayers of so many during this difficult time.

Almost unbearable when so much joy turns into deep sorrow

Wishing you and your loved ones much strength.

Maarten

So very sorry to hear this news Kenny, I can only imagine what you and your wife are going through. Give Ian an extra big hug!

Had something similar happen many many years ago. So sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers your way! :zen :zen :zen

Thank you guys. Renee's nephew and his family came by last night with their baby. It was a good thing. We got to visit with them and hold the baby. We also got to see how the dogs would have behaved around Riley. Gunner tried to steal Grayson's socks off his feet. Ryker quickly became the caretaker, laying between Renee and I as we took turns holding Grayson. It was sweet.

Wow Kenny, I'm so sorry to hear this, it makes me truly sad. I'll be praying for you too. Take care and keep the Faith.

Oh WOW! :( All I can say is that Mary and I know what you are going through. You guys will be in our prayers.

:zen :zen

Back