• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I guess no Airbrushing for a few days.

ausf

Master at Arms
I was getting to the point where I could prime the Mutant, but with a -3 and -0 for the next two nights, I don't think I'll be opening any windows to feed the spraybooth.

More like I'll opening taps to keep pipes from freezing. :S

Stay safe all of you guys to the North and West (you guys down South and East too, just for different reasons).

They shut down several production facilities up in the Chicago area, very rare occurrence, they are use to the winter weather, parking lots have 5 foot markers for curbs and stuff (common for you yankees but I'd never seen such).
Stay warm folks!

It's in the low 20's upper teens here in Memphis and that is cold for down here. Usually it only gets down to freezing at most. Take care all you Yankee's and hobby on.

Jeff, my spray booth just has an exhaust fan and I have an insulated block that fits air tight into my window. Hot, cold rain or ice it works just fine. Sucks the fumes out. It needs a little more air flow, but works well enough as long as I don't over do it. I have a high draw fan and a low draw fan. If I'm not painting, the low draw pulls a little out at a time. With paint fumes going both fans go.

Heat wave here in central Iowa. The temp is up to -11. Modeling weather!
Weather guessers predict Friday's high will be 49 degrees warmer. Ain't that sumpthin'?

BTW, what's a spray booth? Fan? :rotf

Another two hour delay today due to the -20 wind-chill...ought to get a little modeling in before work ;)

Meanwhile in Canada

h621b17a.jpg

It's in the low 20's upper teens here in Memphis and that is cold for down here. Usually it only gets down to freezing at most. Take care all you Yankee's and hobby on.

Jeff, my spray booth just has an exhaust fan and I have an insulated block that fits air tight into my window. Hot, cold rain or ice it works just fine. Sucks the fumes out. It needs a little more air flow, but works well enough as long as I don't over do it. I have a high draw fan and a low draw fan. If I'm not painting, the low draw pulls a little out at a time. With paint fumes going both fans go.

Mine is ducted straight out of the wall, but it has to be fed with incoming air from somewhere. If I don't crack a window somewhere in the house to feed it, it'll draw from the chimney. I found that out the hard way. :blush:

Bummer about no painting but I have to say I glad someone else is getting the cold. Making it warmer up here :) -30some C a couple of nights ago and a balmy -12C now. I assume you guys are going to send it back to us soon as the temps are supposed to drop to -35C in a couple of days :(

-35C = -31F btw.

James

Bob you too funny lol. Really its too cold for bikinis and swim trunks. We have shorts and t shirts on now.

h371caf6.jpeg

h8700281.jpg

James

It's supposed to get down to 18F around 6ish this morning from 41F today so I'll I suppose I'll need to put on my vest, and we're expecting a skiff of snow (finally) :good: which will help to keep the dust down at work....... :D
the%20big%20C%202_zpswfqjiir4.jpg

:drinks

After that -37°C this last week the -7°C today was literally shirt sleeves weather...back to -30°C next week though...I do all my airbrush work in the house, no venting, just a fume hood with a furnace filter in it.
Never painting with lacquers or enamels though...well, not never but, seldom.

Been pretty "balmy" compared to you guys. here in SoCal it's been in the 50's and 60's F. Despite that, I haven't been doing too much lately even though it's perfect weather for me to work since I have to vent everything out the window with a box fan.

Was in the 60's here in Memphis the last few days but now down in the 30's (all in the F range not C) Not sure what the weekend will bring but will probably stay in.

We have a few more days of rain coming here so I'll be trying to get some marathon work done in my hobby room to catch up on all I have to paint.

Back