• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shelf clearing win. I think...

ausf

Master at Arms
The three Japanese Monster kits Aurora (Godzilla, King Ghidorah and Rodan) put out are pretty disappointing in terms of likenesses, they really aren't even close in appearance. I planned on fixing them one day, but honestly, there's so much to do on them, it'd be easier to work from scratch.

Since these three appear if a few movies together (always fighting 2 on 1 of course, Ghidorah almost always escapes), I decided to just have fun and glue them together as in one of my favorites: Invasion of Astro-Monster (Best plot ever: Humans trade Godzilla and Rodan to Planet X for the cure to cancer, only to have it be a ruse to colonize Earth for it's water).

A lot of seams to fix of this, there was some serious glueing needed to hold all that styrene on Godzilla's arms, but here they are. This won't get down fast, it'll be a way to use up extra putty as I work on other thing, but eventually it'll get painted.

h7c3a99b.jpg

h12c8c9c.jpg

h7b7f8a0.jpg

You are the model Godzilla, no seam scares you Jeff, now put the slow motion suflex on it and git'er done...

h1cb9953.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTzb-sduiWc

Love Me Some BOC :ro:

My first concert at the Garden was Black and Blue (Sabbath and Cult). Tickets were like $12. Wasn't a big BOC fan, but of course familiar with that song. They had a huge Godzilla head in the stands to the right of the stage that moved and had red search lights for eyes. Pretty cool.

These are snap together kits, so seams are a problem, but I definitely exasperated them with the stresses put on them. I'm holding two models in the air by the tails of Ghidorah (that'd make a good band name). I probably have the heads in the wrong order too since I needed the most bent neck for Rodan to bite.

Edit: I didn't watch the link until I posted the reply, you can see the head of course. It was pretty big and at the Garden, it was in the stands. The footsteps went on much longer too.

Back