• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2019 Plastic Surgeons Meetings

Rhino

Super Moderator
10 January 2019 Meeting
hf2e3d28.JPG

hf50f020.JPG

hb38a995.JPG

The first meeting of 2019 was as rousing and raucous as is customary with the Plastic Surgeons. Some excellent models, some not so excellent puns and fine fellowship was had by all except one member.
h35130d6.JPG

h0dcbc12.JPG

hf9c8c23.JPG

Ross Petra's 8-ton FlaK half-track. Even with a little schmutz!

h91ce5e6.JPG

h2200494.JPG

he4d99e9.JPG

h2b0af6e.JPG

heee2f8d.JPG

Francisco's 1/32 A6M5-22 Zero with it's pilot figure. Francisco brought his homework just to be sure!

h1d9a935.JPG

A old chevy Blazer R/C hard body. Just for painting practice! Looks pretty sweet!

h04310c4.JPG

h4eb5de7.JPG

Bob Maloy finished his '34 Ford coupe.

h6c47d59.JPG

Great fun was had! This night's special visitor was Greg (Duffy) Yantz. Rumors of his demise had been greatly exaggerated.

Thanks for looking in!

7 march 2019 I finally made another Club meeting, despite the grody, snowy weather. 11 Plastic Surgeons brave the elements to gather in Ankeny this night.

h8219aba.JPG

hd8f92bb.JPG

hcafee8c.JPG

hb079769.JPG

Bill is building Academy's 1/35 scale Ontos in Hue City USMC colors. The 105 recoilless rifels are 18 parts each!
Bills says there is a Loomium barrel aftermarket set for Ontos. If you own this kit, buy one now!

h60f4081.JPG

Francisco is building his 1/32 Hasegawa Hans-Ulrich Rudel Ju-87G tank buster. He's found some of Hasegawa's kit parts are better that the p/e aftermarket set.

h4a40552.JPG

h61a1bfc.JPG

h67acbd6.JPG

ha486f01.JPG

Bob Maloy premiers his Turnpike Rivera. Chopped, slammed and skirted! A deviation for our Dr. Bob, because he usually prefers the older rounder cars for his Plastic Surgery patients.

h7b1c5ac.JPG

Der Baron and HMJS Marley made the trip this evening. So Ross could see them in person. Marley got a few laughs from our merry band of Model Miscreants! THAT was the whole Idea!

That all the news that is news, from IPMS Plastic Surgeons. the sweetest smelling chapter is all IPMS!

You guys have a good turn out for the meetings. :good:

he local club here is going to try and have one tonight. :frantic

I have been remiss in my meeting attendance of late. I made the 16 May meeting after quite a hiatus.
Our Club Treasurer was absent as well. He is visiting the BEST Museum in the whole wide world!

hf761eee.JPG

h1c0e13e.JPEG

hd2873b3.JPEG

Can you guess where He is? :rotf

h18b8ea1.JPG

h3e47b9d.JPG

Joe built an $65.00 1/35 Saladin Hobbyboss or Trumpeter, I cain't recall which. Seems a might spendy for a little model, donit?!

h54e4be4.JPG

h1956960.JPG

h3e1e2c9.JPG

hf8f4a26.JPG

Nate Stevens is making a '55 Chebby pedal car to raffle off at Dayton Iowa's annual Old Engine car show. An interesting & clever man, Nate's real job is Kowboy Kustoms. A 1/1 scale auto body joint.

h5b86b19.JPG

Nate is also finishing an R/C Pick-up body for "The Dave" at Hobbytown Ankeny. It's coming along nicely!

h6fd45d2.JPG

Driving my own car to the meeting allows me to bring projects I have been working on to talk about.
The new TLAR 1/25 car model parts were well received. Since Nate & I possess the imagination to model In Another World subjects He received a set of 1/72 "Der Baron" decals, just for the fun of it.

h685cc17.JPG

My dear freind, Webb Groos in the mend after 2 back surgeries and came to tonight's meeting as well! I wanted him to have the last Plastic Surgeons Jetfire glider to play airplanes with in his yard.

h84ec6a6.JPG

Surgeon's Salutations!
A lightly attended meeting was fun nonetheless.
Thanks for looking in!

Hey guys! :v

Looks like a good turnout and some cool stuff! Did George lose a bet and had to wear that shirt? :mpup :tomato

Glad to see Webb out and about! :salute

Thanks for the update.

:drinks

h5b86b19.JPG

Nate is also finishing an R/C Pick-up body for "The Dave" at Hobbytown Ankeny. It's coming along nicely!

h6fd45d2.JPG

Driving my own car to the meeting allows me to bring projects I have been working on to talk about.
The new TLAR 1/25 car model parts were well received. Since Nate & I possess the imagination to model In Another World subjects He received a set of 1/72 "Der Baron" decals, just for the fun of it.

h685cc17.JPG

My dear freind, Webb Groos in the mend after 2 back surgeries and came to tonight's meeting as well! I wanted him to have the last Plastic Surgeons Jetfire glider to play airplanes with in his yard.

h84ec6a6.JPG

Surgeon's Salutations!
A lightly attended meeting was fun nonetheless.
Thanks for looking in!

Howdy back. :Hiay (y)

Thanks Lou! Thanks Men! George's Colorado roots run deep. He was a school teacher there for many Moons.
There is NO reforming him. Anyone guess where He is in that picture? :hmmm
Hint! Somewhere in the Sunny South!

Thanks Lou! Thanks Men! George's Colorado roots run deep. He was a school teacher there for many Moons.
There is NO reforming him. Anyone guess where He is in that picture? :hmmm
Hint! Somewhere in the Sunny South!

Great meeting pics!

As for where George is; I'd say he's in Pensacola at the Naval Air Museum, based on the look of that white sand I know so well.

Someday I'll get pics posted of Hobby Day and IPMS Orange County meetings.

30 May 2019 Meeting!
After an exceptionally crappy, long work day, I chose to go play with my Model Friends!

h6f6f44a.JPG

This was the last one of these I had to give this day.

I delivered Don's 1/32 SS Tiger Vixen figure at long last. Don, God love Him had lumber and bits of precious wood for Teresa's Eggknobs & Inksticks venture.

h1c0f3f7.JPG

I don't always get wood at club meetings. When I do, it's really good wood!

hd7816d6.JPG

h284eabe.JPG

h74fd2c2.JPG

Surgeons in attendance.
We have agreed that the voting for Surgeon of the Year will be conducted next meeting and that absetee voting will not be allowed. Nominations continue for until then. Nominees are Joe Lotz & Aimee Wright as a duo, Ross Petra, and Bob (Car Chopper) Maloy so far.
We settled on a date and location for our Club party/potluck on July 20th at Hobbytown Ankeny. We like our LHS! Mary & "The Dave" Bos are good to us! We asked Don, (PLEASE!?) to make smoked pulled pork, He agreed. We voted to spend club $$ to pay for all the groceries & supplies Don will need to work his Meat Magic, Kurt's wife Tootie will make her legendary tater salad, Teresa & I will bring beans.

We chose 3 categories to sponsor at the National show in Chattanooga, TN. I wanted to sponsor the funniest category (Eggs & Toons) but there ain't one. We chose Dinosaurs, Drag (car models) and Scratch built/conversions in Armor.
A scratch-built T-Rex in women's clothing would satisfy MY sense of the absurd!
Quite a lot of (funny) business was done at this small gathering of Model Miscreants!

ON to the models!

hf34beaf.JPG

h1a81f81.JPG

Don's 1/35 Hobbyboss 12-wheeled armored car. Ready for decals.

h0b9a073.JPG

hf60cf1e.JPG

Jamie's '49 Plymouth shinys! A really clean first-time, chop-job was done on the black primered tire-grinder!

h5a25bf4.JPG

h3243355.JPG

h392d763.JPG

h3e02c7d.JPG

Ray Powers 1/48 Hasegawa G-Stuka. I wished for Ross' carbuncle about the propriety of the Greens, but he was off with his Seester this night.

h54e523f.JPG

hd75e42a.JPG

h4380f82.JPG

h9a935bd.JPG

had77f85.JPG

Young Dane's newest creation! 1/48 scale diorama of "Aztecs in Ankeny". A little Fordson tractor stands by as a reporter, Policeman & onlookers see the 16-ton Aztec monolith found in a soybean field in the Midwest. The only figure missing is Indiana Jones! Grandpa Don did help with planting the myriad, tedious 1/48 soybean plants.
Dane has come along way with His modeling under his grandfathers watchful eye, expert tutelage and active imagination.

I didn't bring anything I wanted to talk about this meeting. I delivered a 1/700 3D printed waterline USS Sea Hunter to George, we chatted about new solder works and CSS Alabama. George brought me a cool summer ball cap from Skipper's Fish Camp in Darien GA. He was well pleased with the volume & quality of his shrimp dinner at Skipper's riverside venue.

That's all for now.
Thanks for sharing our fun!

Back