• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum. More pics

razordws

As I mentioned elsewhere I am in Seattle for a couple of months while my wife is undergoing her treatments. My two oldest kids are down for a couple of days so I left my daughter with my wife while my son and I went to check out the FHCAM by Paine field in Everett. My brother also came down from Vancouver for the day.

It was Well worth the time and cost of admission if any of you ever get out this way. I'll have to come back in the summer when they put on some of their shows. Almost all the tanks and aircraft in their collection are operational. They had a recent night prowl and firing of the Hetzer which I wasn't able to make. The good thing about visiting this time of year is that all of their aircraft were there and not off at some airshow somewhere.

Here's a few photos to wet your appetites. I'll post more if there is interest and as I have time. They are phone camera pics so sorry for the quality.

h3ea2f02.jpg

hfd165be.jpg

My favorite!

h243821f.jpg

For Moonpup.

h9c66939.jpg

For Saul.

h4ae7b8b.jpg

They had the Mustang and Butcher bird apart so it was nice to get some engine bay photos of these as I have 1/32 kits of both of these waiting to be built. Couldn't get good angles of everything the way it was laid out but it was cool to see.

Google their website as it has good photos of their collection. Have a look. If there is anything you want pictures of let me know.

Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum

Thanks for the photos Dave! Hope you wife is doing well and things are progressing in a very positive way.

I went there a few years ago, specifically to see the FW-190D-13 (one of the handful built). It's a fantastic museum.

Hope your wife is doing well!

Mike

Thanks for the pictures, Dave. I'd like to see more.

By the way, the 190 has been converted with an R-2800 by the looks of it. It's not a BMW801.

By the way, the 190 has been converted with an R-2800 by the looks of it. It's not a BMW801.

Yes I thought about that John and was going to research it to make sure before i corrected myself.

My wife is doing okay. She is not out of the woods yet. The main part of the treatment comes at the end of the month. Thanks everyone for your concern.

One more picture.
h2a0b66f.jpg

Spaceship one up in the rafters.

I went there a few years ago, specifically to see the FW-190D-13 (one of the handful built). It's a fantastic museum.

Hope your wife is doing well!

Mike

That would be this one. They don't fly this one because it is so rare.

h2ae1c16.jpg

Nice report, still sending thoughts and prayers.

A really nice collection of photos, Dave. I sure do hope that your wife is doing well and I will pray for her speedy recovery.

I beg to differ John.

h4ae7b8b.jpg

h194a19b.jpg

The clincher is the cylinder heads with the connecting bars between the valve rockers.

Hmm, I'm inclined to agree with you, Paul. I would expect to see a lot of baffling above the cylinder heads on an installed engine, though. As in the photo below. I should have looked closer at the cylinder head oil interconnect tubes.

cf7ccaa94e0f52bf_large.jpg

That's a neat photo John, have not seen it before. Always trolling the web doing research. Amazing what can be found if you look around.

They did say the Zero in the collection had a replacement engine which got me to wondering about the 190. Nice to know it is original.

I remember seeing photos of the R-2800 with similar looking baffles or whatever they are, my thought was they were heat shields or something.

Trying to do this from my phone so a bit tedious. The Mustang was all apart so thought maybe there might be some details in there that someone might be interested in.
h5851c22.jpg

h18f68d1.jpg

h5e09785.jpg

h6c53c10.jpg

hf2e7951.jpg

h1602930.jpg

Back