• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

And, I'm back...

Barney

Just a little over a year ago I had a 9mm kidney stone, which the Dr. could not find once I was on the table. (How the H3ll do you not find a fricken' bullet?) That led to a UTI and then to sepsis. This has led to a whole mess of problems: general malaise, loss of weight, muscle mass, endurance, etc. Lost all of my mojo of every kind and sort of checked out of most everything. Just as I thought I was getting back on my feet, I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis. My C5-C7 joints are collapsing, squeezing the disks and generally causing various and sundry problems. Fortunately, I have also be rated 100% accumulative disabled and will be retiring next December, if not sooner.

My biggest problems has always been a streak of perfectionism (that's the main reason I NEVER display models) and the fact that I have little patience . These are not good traits. I (hopefully) have tackled these demons and I am now back to modeling.

I have a couple of kits in work and hopefully will have pictures to post in the near future.

Meanwhile, Happy Thanksgiving to you all and 38 days until my Birthday!

Barney

Hey Barney! Glad to see you back, was wonderin' about you the other day. (y)

Post up those photos bud, let's see what you got :popcorn

wow man, hang in there man! Next time you want a 9mm, get a Glock 19, I did & you won't regret it!

Hurrah . I was starting to think lake Erie had swallowed Cleveland .

Hope you're well soon :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

First, thanks for all the good wishes.

It is good to be back...
hfbcfe80.JPG

h26715c4.JPG

h923c4cf.JPG

These are the two models I am mostly working on. The Hellcat is a Hasagawa 1/72 F6F-5 and the Zero is the venerable Tamaya 1/48 A6M5 type 21.

Speaking of, does anyone have the front half of the engine in their stash? SWMBO decoded that she should "straighten" things up a little and now I can't find it anywhere. :bang head

Barney, I'm late to this so I apologize. I'm thrilled to see you back. I feel your pain on the stones; I passed four of them over Thanksgiving Day and the following day. Not pleasant! I'll be praying for your swift and full recovery from all issues. I'm looking forward to following your builds once again.

Barney, glad you made it back. Like I wrote to you on FB, I am having a busy time thanks to Life.

Which engine front do you need? If it is the Hasegawa R-2800, I may have one form a leftover P-47 since I used resin. I believe it is what the Hellcat had and should fit. I also have two Hellcats but not sure if I bought an AM engine for them. If I did, the plastic is yours for the asking.

Regards,

Needed a piece for the Japanese engine, but found it... my wife was cleaning up and happened to place it in her pocket.... :coolio

I keep telling her to stay out of my closet.

UGH... Lost the use of my left hand yesterday. Went to the ER and they gave me a different type of poison. Seems to be helping... Back to the bench tonight

UGH... Lost the use of my left hand yesterday. Went to the ER and they gave me a different type of poison. Seems to be helping... Back to the bench tonight

Yiiikes, does not sound like anything I would want . Get well , would you. :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back