• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Badger Metalsmith

Looks interesting. Reading the instructions, it appears the drying time is 48-72 hours and that the colors may bleed through subsequent layers of paints. Still could be very useful. Thanks for sharing!
:good:

I just skimmed over it, but doesn't it just look like they're asking you to mix paint? Vallejo seems happy to just sell you their 20 different shades of aluminum.

Drying time that long? I'd be doomed.

Jeffery it does sound like that. Kinda like either get Migs Ammo's Northern Vietnam Dirt and Southern Vietnam dirt, or just get some base colors and mix your own vietnam dirt.

For 30 bucks, I may get some.

In my interest of large garage kit figures, I ran across some paints made by a USA company. They have an excellent painter that does up their sample builds and the colors are outstanding. In the mix are metallic colors and they were some of the finest and smoothest I have seen.

Currently he is painting up a sample buile of a robot figure for the Dennizens of ZO line and the metallics are fantastic. I will have to do some hunting for the photo links (in FaceBook UGH! :facepalm ) as I am on my tablet I will have to dig a bit and post them later.

OK here is the link to the photo lets see if I can get it to work.

h7c7f5c7.jpg

This is a large 1/6 scale figure and the wheel is about 4 or 5 inches in diameter. The upper body part which isn't done yet is like an ancient Spanish body armor and will be all metal. Should be impressive.

I have asked about the process and the owner of GarageKitsColors said the metallics were most likely airbrushed. They are acrylics.

Please note, I have only seen one in a shiny condition and it belong to a private owner.

The rest wore silver paint which mostly appeared as a dull gray

Cheers, Christian B)

Back