• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Need suggestions for Middle east conflicts

Real question is, are we going to make a separate badge/ribbon for he different armies/air forces mentioned at the start of this? For the purposes of information only, I am going to assume that we will.

Also, I do not know how to place images one atop the other to create the ribbons, else I would give you complete images, but with these at least you have an image to work with

OK, so here is an Israeli tank badge:

h3bb4b15.png

and an actual Israeli campaign ribbon:

h8706058.jpeg

If you intend to make the air force a separate ribbon, here is their insignia:

haaf66a3.png

Truth is, we could just use the various country's insignia, but this is a starting point.

More to follow

If we want to follow the KISS rule, the map of the middle east counties on a ribbon featuring stripes in the colours used on the regions flags, red, green, black, white, blue and maroon.

hdbccaae.png

Cheers,
Rich

Egypt:

For Armor, you could go with either the crest, or the crescent moon marking:

hf5445f6.png

hf577854.png

here is a ribbon (I was thinking more the colors thane the texture, FWIW)

h919b75d.jpg

And lastly, here is the airforce roundel

hdcf445a.png

If we want to follow the KISS rule, the map of the middle east counties on a ribbon featuring stripes in the colours used on the regions flags, red, green, black, white, blue and maroon.

hdbccaae.png

Cheers,
Rich

that is what i am going for, generally. i am "sneaking peeks" on here while at work, which means O get the joy of a working lunch, but hey, it's all good.

Jordan army insignia

h965ea87.jpg

I could only find thier flag in vertical, so maybe clip off some of it to make a ribbon?

h1b94cb7.jpg

And their Air force roundel

h7290530.jpg

Syria.

NOTE that the chaos in Syria is such that finding decent pics of thier insignia is very hard. here is what I was able to find:

Army

h85348be.png

flag (could only find it in horizontal)

h6cf513a.jpg

and the air force roundel

hcb54111.png

Lastly are the "wacky" Iraqis. Their army & flag:

h4db6a5a.gif

this is their air force insignia from 1931 to 2004:

ha14edcf.png

really Dave/Gang, it MAY be easier to just go with roundels or country flags. Would like to know what everyone thinks.

hdbccaae.png

Cheers,
Rich

My favourite.... :eek:ldguy

Luiz.

hdbccaae.png

Cheers,
Rich

My favourite.... :eek:ldguy

Luiz.

This would be my vote as well. Or this could be the base ribbon, with one for each country with their AF roundel super imposed on it. That may encourage multiple entries but seems like overkill.

Mike

Back