• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heart problems, a continuing saga

Paulw

A couple of you may remember 7 or so years ago when I started modeling that I was on the upward swing of some difficult cardiac events. This past summer it was getting more difficult for me to catch my breath mowing the lawn or just walking a moderate distance. I went to the VA and they sent me to a cardiologist here in Tulsa and they suggested that I have a stress test done. Well, that is no biggie in itself but then I got a call from the Dr. Saturday and they found some ischemic blockages. This may be made difficult to treat because of the number and locations of the bypass grafts that I received. This does explain why for the past few months I have not felt like doing anything. I now have an angiogram scheduled for the 21st of November. I am hoping that A stent placement will take care of it, but you never know.

Seeing that this is not my first rodeo most of the anxiety that some one would expect is not an issue and I don't think I am stressing about it any. Mostly I just feel tired and maybe a tiny bit depressed. Not about any outcome rather just having to go through any type of surgery. Being poked and prodded and then laying flat on my back for hours. Maybe after this procedure I will begin to feel like actually building something again. Who can tell?

Wow Paul, hope it all goes fast and smooth. Hate that you have been feeling under the weather my friend, but glad that you were able to go and get checked out to get it fixed.

:zen :zen

Wishing you an exact diagnosis and superbly executed treatment to ensure a speedy recover.

Regards,

pray.gif

:drinks

Hey Paul,

I really wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.

If you Need someone to talk to about the procedure or whatever else I am always available,

Cheers

Alex

Went in for the angioplasty this morning. They took their time and did a thorough job of looking things over and documenting their findings. Basically the grafts that I got back in 2010 are all in grand shape which is good but the blockages that they found with the stress test are pretty much 100% closed and too small to really be concerned about. In retrospect, I did not get another stent because 1. It would not fit and 2. It would not do any good. Si Ill just have to continuing to suffer angina and trying to do something about my weight. A lot of my service related disabilities contribute quite a bit of the root cause for the way things play out in my life.

The grand positive result of this experience is finding out how many people actually care about me. Here on this forum and in life generally, in this I am eternally grateful. Thank you all for your support.

So you're getting out walking on a regular bases, dropping weight? I've read recently that lifting weights is as good as walking. (I'm looking in the mirror while talkin' to ya)

What's the Docs saying? Meds and exercise?

So you're getting out walking on a regular bases, dropping weight? I've read recently that lifting weights is as good as walking. (I'm looking in the mirror while talkin' to ya)

What's the Docs saying? Meds and exercise?

Oh yeah, all of that two or three times a day..... :pp :pp :tomato

Back