• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Good night Abbie

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a hell of a week and it got worse yesterday.
h8bbf56f.jpg

I came home from work to find Abbie had passed away.

We had no idea she was sick, she was bouncing around at lunch time when I let her and our two others out for their mid day business.

I hate she's gone but glad she was at home with her sisters when it happened.
good night sweet baby.

This is me heart broken.

Thanks for letting me share with you, my friends and family.

Very sorry to hear this Bob. i remember you posted her pick just after we got our new pup.

she had a good home, and at least she passed away peacefully. Too often our critters get sick.

I understand your heartache

:zen

No words I can write can ease your pain, but at least you know that she went in the best possible circumstances, at home.

My black Lab Dryden died in my arms on our living room floor. While it still hurts 7 years later, the one comfort was he was at home and had a great life.

I know what you're talking about Jeff, I still morn Millie

milliebaby.jpg

She's who we lost before we got Abbie, and pour Gracie has lost 2
Gracie5.jpg

This is Gracie about 9 years ago.

This is a slide show I put together a while back, you can see Abbie growing up in this.

http://brittsbytes.com/puppyshow/index.htm?0_L

Really sorry to hear this Bob. Its never easy. Kepping you in our thoughts and prayers. :(
James

So sorry to hear this,Bob.
Some people will never understand,but it does feel like losing family.

Loved the pics!

I as others feel so sorry for you at this time. When i come by I always noticed that you showed your canine family members a ton of love! At least this pooch knew she was loved.

Again, so sorry :zen

I as others feel so sorry for you at this time. When i come by I always noticed that you showed your canine family members a ton of love! At least this pooch knew she was loved.

Again, so sorry :zen

She wasn't the one who bit you... :mpup

Thanks guys, you know when they have an illness, you can kinda prepare and let them go. This...wow, really hitting me hard.

Thanks for your support. :love :love

I know it's not easy Bob. The only consolation is that she was happy and probably just felt tired and laid down and took a nap. It is very hard on you and your wife but the best that could have happened for her.

You have my sincerest condolences my friend. :( :zen :zen

It's always hard to lose a pet, take solace that it apparently was a natural death and you didn't need to euthanize. I've only had one that did and all too many that I had to have put down due to illness or old age.

Saul she was sweet, funny thing she would do if she didn't want to go outside. I'd open the door and the other two will go bouncing out like good girls. Abbie would go hide behind a chair, then stick her head around just barely to see if I was looking, never mind her big ol tail was sticking out the other side. :rotf

Like I said earlier, it's really hard when it's sudden like this. I think our other two are going to have some steak tonight.

Back