• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stay safe North and South carolina

jknaus

Administrator
Just reading an article that Hurricane Florence could be particularly nasty and is heading your way. So stay safe.
James

Thanks James, I pretty sure we're ok way over here in the foot hills. Hugo was the only one that did major destruction all the way inland to Charlotte which is not far (relatively) from Chris and Mike. This one looks like he'll hit NC, Wilmington and that area.

:popcorn

Pretty much what MP said, as we live in the same town.

Interestingly, one of the major thouroghfares thru our state, I-26, will have all east bound lanes reversed tomorrow to make for easier evacuation which I think our Governor has now made mandatory

Oh... one last thing. Am I the only one that thinks that Sputh Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster sounds a lot like Foghorn-Leghorn???

Pretty much what MP said, as we live in the same town.

Interestingly, one of the major thouroghfares thru our state, I-26, will have all east bound lanes reversed tomorrow to make for easier evacuation which I think our Governor has now made mandatory

Oh... one last thing. Am I the only one that thinks that Sputh Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster sounds a lot like Foghorn-Leghorn???

Comes with the territory.

Who was it, Jim Hodges who didn't reverse the lanes and had people snarled up 40-50 miles?

I remember Hugo well, my old room mate and I were going to Charleston that weekend. Thursday night we were at "Starnes Club Forest" with Harold the bartender talking about it. "How bad can it be, I say let's go." is what I said. About that time they announced they shut down all east bound traffic...we went to the Clempson game instead. :rotf

My wife and sister in law are in Myrtle Beach on a week long vacation. Got there Saturday afternoon. Heading back home tomorrow because of the mandatory evacuation.
We live southwest Virginia on the Tennessee line and the local forecast is saying we might get a chunk of this thing. Yes I had a week of uninterrupted bench time lined up after work..... that’s shot to hell!

Tell her safe travels, roads are going to be clogged. Can't imagine the traffic getting out of the coast the next couple of days.

Stay safe y'all (is that how you say it?).

I'll keep my eye on things from here.

hafccceb.jpg

Stay safe y'all (is that how you say it?).

Excellent use of Y'all. So glad you didn't say yousguys. :rotf

To be clear, it's either 'Youz' or 'Youse'. Nobawdee uses 'yous'.

Unless of course, it's addressing multiple people with 'you talking ta me?'

I should try that some time: 'Y'alls talking ta me?' It'll be confusing enough for me to slip away from the threat.

Y'alls...a double plural.

And talking grammar with a Southerner....:rotf

Don't care who ya are, that's funny right there...

We've got some bodies that are supposed to be on course in Raleigh next week. The company hasn't cancelled the course, yet. No telling how badly flight schedules will be messed up.

Cheers,
Rich

Y'alls...a double plural.

And talking grammar with a Southerner....:rotf

Don't care who ya are, that's funny right there...

And for heaven's sake, remember that the apostrophe is after the "Y" and not the "A". If you're goin' to use slang, spell it correctly!

Pup, take care. This thing will be a Cat 4 storm when it hits. The whole state will see tornadoes. When Hurricane Rita hit us in 2005, it produced 101 tornadoes.

Hey Y'all, good news/so-so news:

Good - storm is downgrading as ti begins to make landfall

So-So - if you look at it's current projected path, where it makes that dip and then the 'up-turn' in South Carolina? yeah, that is our (MP & me!) county! They are now saying at this point it will be about tropical depression if that, and will dump about 6-8 inches (15-16cm) of rain, and gusts of wind to about 40 mph (64,7 kmh). that should be enough to knockout my internet, and we will likely have power outages too. Really is not supposed to be on us except Sat. afternoon thru Monday

So I am posting this on Thursday eve. there is a possibility that iron Mike and Chris/Phantom II will get it worse than us, due to the rotation, but I'll let them comment on that.

Side note: ALL bread in the county is gone! plus Milk and chicken and beer (not that i would know about that last one)

So that is where we currently sit. I actually need to get pain on models that I am now working on, so I may actually start something new, if we get socked in.

Well we're only getting moderate rain here, light wind. Haven't heard one thunder clap. Eastern NC is getting hammered with rain, they will be flooding, prayers to them. :zen

Back