• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Back at the bench

Gator

Hey guys, long time no see. I'm finally wanting to get back to the bench and just have some fun. I've struggled with my PTSD on and off for the last several months but I'm in a good place now and ready to enjoy life again. Ian, my son, in now a teenager and in 8th grade. He'll be heading to high school next year. Holy crap! We're up to four German Shepherds now with the addition of our brindle boy Ryker. He has been DNA tested and he is 100% GSD. He is my new PTSD service dog.

the%20boys_zps3ivespo5.jpg

Holy cow Kenny you have quite a pack. Glad to see you back!

Thanks. We love our shepherds. We have been fostering an American Bulldog puppy for a local rescue. He fit right in with our pack.

The pup loves playing with Ryker.

cooper%20and%20ryker_zpsvnt93rqi.jpg

I walked into the living room and saw this. My first response was "What did y'all do?"

cooper%20and%20gunner_zpskpw72qxt.jpg

Good looking dogs and I'm thrilled that you are back in a place where you can start building again. Wow, I remember when Ian was a tiny tot! What fantastic news that he is now in eighth grade and doing well! Welcome back Kenny!

Hello sir and welcome back! Glad to see you are getting help with your PTSD, you set a fine example for others!

Those she[herds are gorgeous! If I ever decide to get a dog, a shepherd will be the one, likely named something Germanic

I know that look too. My old Aussie gave me the "I've been a BAAAAD boy" look once. He had licked the gravy off of my dinner. (it was a Marie Callander thing with white gravy)

When I still had both the cat and dog there were many times I caught them playing and they would see me and straighten up and give the "I wasn't doing anything" look. Usually it would be first one then the other would straighten up and "I wasn't doing anything either". They were quite a pair.

hd12de94.JPG

Great to have you back and I'm happy to hear the your in a better place. Its tough. Love the german Shepherds. I so want to get one.

Thank you all. PTSD from emotional and verbal abuse is hard for people to understand.

Paul, we have a window in our den that is right in front of the steps to our house. Anyone who comes to the house sees all four very alert GSDs!

:mpup

Back