• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lockheed Martin LM-100J Loop

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Newest variant of the work horse C130.

I saw this flying over Greenwood several weeks ago, pulled up on Flight Radar and I could see the designation LM100 and saw the flight pattern of it doing touch and goes at Greenwood CO airport. We're only about 50 miles from Donaldson Center, a major depot for LM.

So at Farnborough LM Showed it off with a full loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTuL2-ND-68

That's a lot of aircraft to loop! :pilot

The C-130 -100 is really starting to look like the C-133 did except for that ridiculous nose .

Impressive to see such big airframe to be thrown around like that .

Cheers, Christian B)

Did you notice he does an Immelman as well? I have always thought that the C-130's were flown more like giant fighter planes than transports. This pretty much proves it.

Another thought.

During WW2 at a training base they started having B-17's developing overstress problems with the wing mounts and wing spars. Then they had one crash and found out the young pup pilots were taking them up and doing barrel rolls with them. Goes to show how well built the C-130's are and especially the new one on demonstration.

If I had the money I wouldn't buy a jet I would get one of these!

I must have missed an Immelman, what time did they do that?

Remember that a Immelman is a half loop and an roll on top reversing course.

1024px-Immelmann_turn.svg.png

It was a while after the loop. It also wasn't "quite" straight up (it was about 20 degrees off to the left but close enough with this big bird)

Loop starts at 1:50

Immelmann starts at 3:17 Like I said it angles slightly off to the left a little but it is still an Immelmann

Back