• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Paasche Raptor

nsmekanik

Anyone have any experience with this airbrush? I'm looking for some opinions and/or a good review of it.
:drinks

This seems to be a late reply (irrelevant now?). The Raptor is like the Talon, with a smaller paint cup and the smaller tip setup. I think all Talon parts interchange. Both are easy to clean and maintain. I have only sprayed ink from the Raptor. The smaller tips (.25) are a bit more fickle with paint thinning than the (.38) on the Talon. You can get the same tip for (.25) for the Talon. I guess because of the small paint cup they don't suggest the medium tip for the Raptor, but theres no reason it wouldn't work. Might empty out quicker.

Pretty well made, robust piece. The Iwata stuff is nice but seems way too "swiss watch" to dismantle and clean, and perhaps overkill for model paint. The Paasche offerings seem perfectly suited for modeling, both in application and the media. They are priced well too. I got mine from Midwest Airbrus. I currently have the Talon and Raptor. The Raptor just for 2D paper stuff because the tip change on my Talon was complicated slightly by the need to tweek the packing nut..., so it is simpler to have one for each tip and aviod that adjustment every time. (it leaked with the small tip or was too tight with the big tip)

-J

Back