• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Attended my first meeting(s) this week

Jeeves

So where I live in Saratoga tends to be a bit sparse for modelers...couple hobby shops that speciaize in other things than modelling. After entering a not so local show, I decided after almost 20 years of going solo to branch out and meet others.

AMPS has an informal Albany chapter and so I got in contact with Dan Egan who I believe Sail introduced me to at Nationals years ago. Ended up just meeting at his house Wednesday and sat on his back deck building.

Last night, went to the IPMS Albany chapter meeting and met loads of guys. The group is run by an Art Loder who seems to be quite a knowledgeable chap. Learned that the Albany chapter was actually founded by a certain Steven Zaloga who talks to Art often...I imagine there's all sorts of stories there. We showed some pieces we have done and just talked models...it was pretty cool. I was a bit overwhelmed so I neglected to take a Rhino-esqe photo record of the events but will do so in the future!

My local group has dropped to about 5 members at this point. The previous president moved to Nashville a month ago so it not only dropped another but we now meet at the local hobby shop (which in my opinion isn't a bad thing). We are having our meeting tomorrow night for the month (4th saturday). Should be interesting. Debating about what to haul along as I have not done any building in the last several weeks. This week just been recouperating, last week was sick and in the hospital for several days and the week before just didn't feel like doing anything.

Good thing is I am feeling like doing something again (finally)! :yipee Just been doing constructive things. :idonno

Back