• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya mix for modern Russian vehicles

jknaus

Administrator
Does anyone know a good mix for modern Russian green using Tamiya paints? I've had my last problem with Ammo of Mig and am going back to Tamiya.
Thanks in advance.
James

I don't have a formula for modern Russian green, but for WWII I use the following:

nnq41xK.jpg

Start out 1:1 and adjust from there. I add deck tan to fade the color.

All those?! no wonder Tamiya doesn't make a Russian Green, you have to get 5 of their other colors! :rotf

Thanks John. I have found 3 mixes but its hard as everyone seems to do WWII. Here are the colours/mixes I have found so far.

Russian Green mixes

(1) My recipe is the following:
Mix: 5pts XF61 (Dark Green)+ 3pts XF71(IJN Interior Green) + 1pt XF8(Flat Blue)
To scale add XF71(IJN Interior Green) OR/AND XF60 (Dark Yellow)

(2) It's probably just one from many. XF-81 Dark Green

(3) If you are looking for a Russian 4BO color, here´s a recipe I've found some time ago:

•Base 4BO: Mix: 06 parts XF-61 Dark Green + 02 parts XF-49 Khaki + 02 parts XF-58 Olive Green.

•Highlights: add to the former Base 4BO a little more XF-49 plus XF-4 Yellow green.

Back