• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A New Project for Bob

jknaus

Administrator
http://www.hphmodels.cz/hph/b-52-stratofortress/?lang=en/
Just because we all know you wanna :evil:

B-52_HpH_models_02.jpg

:evil: James :evil:

Yeah, I'll pass, thanks James. I'd never spend a house payment on a kit.

The flaps are extra? :blink

I think HPH also learned a lesson from the B-36 as I suspect a number of folks said "I want it" but when push came to shove they didn't.
For the B-52 they are asking for a deposit up front. Should keep those that really won't cough up for it out of the mess.

The B-36 is huge! My hand only goes about 2/3 of the way around the fuselage. The canopy blister on top is about the diameter of a pop can. The wings and fuselage are one piece parts and while being fairly light, they are quite solid. Carbide drills and small routers will be needed for cutting and shaping the needed holes as they are fiber glass backed with a thin resin coating for all the detail just like the PBY kit. The wings and fuselage each had a 3/8 dia hole where the spar box is located and there is an 8 or 9 in steel rod that fits the holes perfectly. The wings line up real nice and there is no play a little careful work and the wings should be removable. ( I have some ideas there) :D

If the B-52 is like the B-36 it will be a really nice kit. It will be a bit of a challenge to build and will require a decent skill set, but most of the folks on MA should be able to easily build on if they so desire.

I'm still waiting on the DC-3 and SM-79. Also sometime in the future a 1/32 Me323 (should have been 1/35th) :hmmm

Yeah, I'll pass, thanks James. I'd never spend a house payment on a kit.

The flaps are extra? :blink

Hey Bob, that $775 quoted is in Euros. At the current exchange rate, that equates to $1365.63 USD......less shipping.

And Flaps.

:woohoo:

Back