• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

V 22 Osprey Flyover!!!

iambrb

I live less than a mile from a small county airport, and a few years ago, we started 'leasing' part of the place to the Military to make ends meet, so have gotten to see some planes here and there, but this was the first time I hear/saw and Osprey! It makes an ODD noise as it lifts off, & I sm not sure, but I think I got him perhaps transitioning from vertical to level flight. Not really a good pic, but here it is/was:

h0f6cb36.JPG

In the 2nd pic, I blew that up to more easily see what i am talking about

hdea0ca3.jpg

Reminds me of a few years ago where I had just gotten out of my car and heard an aircraft overhead. Civy jets would fly over all the time but this sounded "different". I looked up and got a nice view of a bat shaped plane (yup a B-2) Not that high and perfectly in view in a clear sky.

Once, years ago I heard and watched a squadron of A-10's fly through the landing pattern to land at Tulsa International. Very quiet, almost couldn't hear them. Then there were the occasional DC-3 and a B-25 that would fly in. The B-25 always had that unique sound as did the A-10's.

Back