• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Little Buddy/Sad Day.....

iambrb

So found out yesterday that my little buddy is in the early stages of Renal Failure (kidneys)

h5b07468.JPG

When we got him as a rescue more than 15 years ago, he was the size of my palm! I helped to wean him, and to this day, he sticks to me like furry glue, as we like to say here. His current fave is for me to rub his chin, as he uses his legs to grasp my forearm.

h2d4eed3.JPG

h8da91dc.JPG

No modeling today...feeling quite bummed......

this is always sad . I am sorry to see this.i lost my little buddy a year ago. It takes time but you will feel better and be able to remember all the good times

this is always sad . I am sorry to see this.i lost my little buddy a year ago. It takes time but you will feel better and be able to remember all the good times

Very sad to hear this Bruce, I still miss my little guy after almost 2 years.

He's a beautiful cat, you can tell you have given him a wonderful life!

Thanks guys. Odd part is, he is looking and acting like everything is OK. There are just a few scant clues. The bloodwork and urine work proves it out. Right now, we are going to try giving him fluids every other day. If he reacts well, it may buy him some time. The renal failure is not stoppable, but as long as the little booger has a decent quality of life and isn't suffering, we are going to see what we can do to make him comfortable.

Again, thanks. he is my little my buddy fer-sher, and while the end is close, it is giving us time to prepare. He will be truly missed

Sorry to hear this. I know how you feel. We lost our Lynx to the same thing late last year. Heartbreaking.
James :(

In his favorite place, stuck to me like furry glue, as we say. Man, I am getting fat & old

h579237e.jpg

h49680d7.jpg

h0361996.jpg

Bruce, he's a beautiful cat! One of my two cats looks just like him. I feel your pain and know you're in my prayers. Keep him happy and always remember the good times.

I really feel for you Bruce!

I'm a dog guy, but I've been through that so many times in my long life!

It never gets easy, but life wouldn't be the same without them.

All we can do is care for them and give them the best life we possibly can!

So sorry,

Bob

Back