• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2018 Plastic Surgeon's Club meetings

Rhino

Super Moderator
The first meeting of this shiny, brand-new year! :yipee
Dues are due (doo-be-doobie-doo!) so It was a must-attend Meeting!
Pictures!!

h3e0ac5c.JPG

Nate Stevens and his impressive Airfix 1/72 WWII Lockheed P-80's

h1d07397.JPG

An omage to his Missus. Guess her first name?

hb0e737e.JPG

h54d99cd.JPG

Nate has dispelled the myth that Alclad must be sprayed over glossy black paint.
h4fd2cd7.JPG

This Checketail was masked by hand with 4mm masking tape. The Alclad was sprayed over old Testor's PLA (Little square bottle) gloss yellow.
hc3b984b.JPG

h2f9f4fb.JPG

Young Tyler Stevens got my attention by constructing an Italeri 1/720 USS Abraham Lincoln as OFS Kestrel for a computer game he enjoys. He bought the old Abe at the National show for $3.00.

h639dde7.JPG

h27178b8.JPG

OFS Kestrel carrier 4 Mercenary F-14D Tomcat fighters.

h3c25310.JPG

h69b4db9.JPG

President Barry Rolow womped-up a General Grevious from Bandai. Don't he look pleased with himself?

h8cc8537.JPG

Mark Stocker brought a AFV Club 2 1/2 ton GMC, and Airfix 1/76 Sherman, with the shoots-around-corners 75mm cannon, and a Revell Ag 1/72 T-90
h0dfcf4e.JPG

h42b6a9d.JPG

h93a4fe8.JPG

Ray Powers old Tamiya 1/35 Panzer IV and Dragon's 1/35 L-70V Lang Panzerjager.

h85ef4e3.JPG

I liked Mike Rasmussen's Scooby-Doo bi-plane as much Ross looks like He does!

h6e3411b.JPG

Cockpit interior with instrument panel.....
h6274834.JPG

h9d3fdff.JPG

The kit comes with Scooby, Shaggy and Thelma. Scooby, as you can see, is poseable!

Joe brought his 1/35 AFV Club Gepard, finished in the paint scheme that the one in the German Armor museum has on it, and a British Army Conquerer, that had been parked in a rough neighborhood, but my pictures were no good. :idonno
h97d1a15.JPG

hfda2ecb.JPG

h185a2a9.JPG

h275c937.JPG

h27dc363.JPG

h347a236.JPG

Masterbox' 1/35 "Zombie Hunter: Road to Freedom, Part 1" by Mr. Don Barry He used a BMW R75 motorcycle from another project. The Masterbox set does NOT include a motorcycle. Nicely done for a fellow who sees well with only one eye.
:ro: (y) :good: :salute

That's a great turnout, loads of swell models. Glad to see Don building the biker gal! :yipee :drinks

We are a happy band. I appreciate your kind sentiments! Nate Stevens is an exceptionally gifted airplane model builder and a busy, creative imagination.
If I have a regret, it must be that after my weather-beaten work day, I don't attend as many meetings as some do.

With tornader sireens wailin', the Plastic Surgeons gathered Thursday eve last.

h0c76f1d.JPG

h7d5c098.JPG

h42d6f71.JPG

Club President, Barry Rolow's BB-8 Astro-droid. He lights up! He never sez a single thang.

hf9e573d.JPG

Mike Rasmussen's cheerful water bottle. During a pouring down rain-storm? Whooddathunkit?!

h60975be.JPG

Joe and Ross Petra arrived, inspite of miserable stormy weather.

h9c406e7.JPG

Ross relays the news from IPMS-USA, as affable chapter contact. Hoo-Rah!

h9e7dadb.JPG

Don, Nate Stevens & Bob Maloy, enthralled with our proceedings

h71e1715.JPG

Funny Nate's 1/1 scale Mountain Dew can. I wunda..................

hb1f84eb.JPG

A moment of levity from our usually stoic Ray Powers.

h85ae823.JPG

Don's first attempt at Alclad. An Austrian K-niggit! Helmet visor up. Looks a bit like me. Hmm..........
Ah ain't never worn no tin-foll like thayat theyer.

h1a4e34d.JPG

The Black Knight. "None Shall Pass" :rotf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuhjglNOqg4
Not really, but just for the fun of it!!

hf2b5677.JPG

Treasurer George Stevens and car model stalwart Mark Stocker seem engrossed in the Meeting.

Our Jeff Holle (Holly) with a Russian subject, rather than a esoteric Polish one.
hc1f1067.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKu7TYWNxqA

h8bf5b64.JPG

h9268516.JPG

hf9f7cde.JPG

Br20M Russian Armored car. The ancient RPM kit, well executed. :notworthy (y)

h50ce867.JPG

h0a5c884.JPG

h64cb45a.JPG

Francisco Melendez 1/35 KT Viggnitt. Them German soldiers ain't got no guns. They is hidin' behind the Tank fer a reason.

h66959a4.JPG

Ronnie Schultz' Wooodie. (It's OK fer the Chillin' to look!)

h187b86a.JPG

h5d72962.JPG

hfb606d8.JPG

Joe brought a Hobbyboss (Hobby Boo-Boo Ross quips! HA!) type 90 JMSDF tank, sans tracks & running gear. At one point the little 1/72 Dragon Chi-Ha (HA HA HAHA!) was on it's rear deck.
I came up with "It's OK Mommy. I'll help you find your tracks & road wheels. Just be more careful what neighborhood you park in next time". I didn't take a picture of the Type 90.

hda44c41.JPG

h31f0007.JPG

I ain't rightly sure wuht young Ty is up to. T'were funny though!

h6385b47.JPG

George got his present from Destin, FL. He struck a pose his USAAC Pilot Papa mat have been proud of. Very serious for such a silly present.

Thanks for following along!!

Nice report. :salute

I missed the photo that didn't get by the censors, I was asleep. :facepalm

17 May Club Meeting night.

h0efc8d1.JPG

h80458fc.JPG

It is my honor to introduce to you Men 2017's Plastic Surgeon of the Year.
Mr. Nathan Stevens. Nate is the most prolific 1/72 scale model airplane builder I have seen since the heady days when Chuck Sterns roamed among us. His finishes are pristine (He paints 1/1 scale custom cars by day.) Many of the markings you see on Nate's markings are meticulously masked & painted rather than relying on the dubious quality of aging decal sheets. He also builds "Whiffers" (What if schemes & modifications) The Kriegsmarine 1946 Grace with the BMW engine is one of my Fave's.

hd261e32_2018-05-18.JPG

He's a pretty funny guy but DO NOT use the "I don't think that Green is right." Club joke on him. Gits Him Riled!
There was a small speech and Nate discovered what I learned when I was so honored many moons ago. This loving cup trophy is NOT watertight! (I did try!)

h903edea.JPG

Son, Tyler looks on with glee while his Dad tries to understand why He was elected Surgeon of the Year.

h51ce737.JPG

1/72 Armor as well. Some little Japanese Tankette model that looks like it may have gotten really good gas mileage
BAKA Nai!

h5e34d4a.JPG

Not all of our membership will follow closely along, if the tale is overly lengthy.

h9a2c74f.JPG

Re-elected Plastic Surgeons club President comments on the futility of "controlling" His club's meetings.

h971166a.JPG

hba095d0.JPG

Nate chats about automotive finishes with the Guys. It didn't seem to apply on his 1/72 Pershing. :idonno

h7321a47_2018-05-18.JPG

Treasure George Stevens confers about automotive finishes with Don & Grand-son Dane.
h6882c36_2018-05-18.JPG

Members in attendance.

h0c65b3a.JPG

Ronnie Schultz always has something interesting to talk about.

h42e17c9.JPG

he85a47e.JPG

h3ae1e2b.JPG

"Chopper Bob" Maloy is carving a up a Riv. A talented car modeler, He sees things differently than many of us do.

h951f71b.JPG

Lots of Gundams!

h6f08ab3.JPG

Not every kind of model subject holds my attention after a long, summer, work-day.

h62433c5.JPG

A fine time was had at the meeting.
I even made it home before it was dark!
Thanks for looking in!!

Glad to see the trophy is still making the rounds. (y) You'd think a plumber could fix that leak. :coolio

Congrats to Nate. :drinks Now about that shade of green...

Great report, thanks for sharing.

:good:

Sometimes, I get "Lost" when I post my overview. Apologies!

h73a7172_2018-05-19.JPG

Deviating from His norm, Joe built a RUSSIAN WWII Tank model.

Master Mike gets 2X Kudos from our merry band. He's the one that originally donated the trophy for Surgeon of the Year.
And too, Mike is primarily responsible for my making the German WWII stowage & car model resin parts presents I gave some of the guys. Ross seemed especially pleased! :notworthy
(y)
:v
:yipee

Back