• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bit of a cold spell...

Jeeves

Been trying to mod as much as I can with this week off, but even with the little heater in the shop pumping full force it's been tough... especially with this to contend with-
1514726763418.jpg

How about you? ;)

We're all the way up to 29f, expect to hit 38. You know where I'll be. Nothing like gas heat.

I'm what? 2 hours south of you Mike, but ain't any better here. It's brutal. The furnace is running pretty steady just trying to keep up (and I keep the 'stat at 64).

The dog, who will general just stay out and lay in the snow for hours, flies in and out.

Thermostat @ 72. to keep the house water pump from freeing. New snow last night 4 degrees outside temperature.

h2d8b122.JPG

Movies on the DVD. Hanging out with you Guys!
Still wearing my P.J.'s. It's a fine winter day!

I feel quite bad to say its 80 - 110F here We just spent yesterday at the beach working on becoming red lobsters. Love spending some summertime with the family. :tomato :drinks

I think closer to 3 hours Jeff but regardless ;)

Went to see Mom for Christmas yesterday and was driving through the Adirondacks in some near whiteout conditions.

Cold as hell today but the wood stove keeps the house at around 70...shop is top side of the garage with a space heater...not horrible but still feel it in the toes.

Well it is New Years Eve here in Memphis and with the sun out it is 23 degrees F in the shade. (Thermometer on the back window) It has been like that all week. No rain or precip though.

Dry and Sunny, the drivers here usually manage (barely).

Wet and Rainy, wrecks all over (they can't drive here - CrackerJack box drivers licenses)

Cold Icy and Snowy, the town shuts down and the idiots out there will tailgate you. While I learned to drive in that stuff quite well growing up in Tulsa, I stay home too so some numb-nut won't hit me.

I think closer to 3 hours Jeff but regardless ;)

Went to see Mom for Christmas yesterday and was driving through the Adirondacks in some near whiteout conditions.

Cold as hell today but the wood stove keeps the house at around 70...shop is top side of the garage with a space heater...not horrible but still feel it in the toes.

Yeah, I'd love to AB something but there's no way I'm cracking a window to feed the fan...

I remember a few trips to Montreal in near white outs on 87 or 15 Nord. Especially through the park there, you go off the edge and they won't find you until late Spring. Once coming back on 15, the only hint of the Earth was about a foot wide path of wind swept asphalt. I asked my girlfriend to clear the back window (Isuzu Amigo) by tapping it with the butt end of my Goalie stick. Of course after too much prodding, the frozen plastic just broke, leaving a 4 inch circle. The snow was blowing through it, building a pile on the dash. (y)

LOL! For me under the frozen water mark is heavy coat weather. Where James lives is turn into a Popsicle quickly no matter what.

I do remember going to Canada up in '95 the week before Memorial Day here in the states. Up there it was their holiday weekend "The Queens Birthday" and folks were out on the north shore of lake Erie in swimsuits while my daughter and I had jackets on.

Not a fan of cold let alone deep dark cold.

We're sitting around -12 C (10 F for you southerners) on the east coast of Canada here. No snow yet, might get some later in the week but it keeps changing to rain. The beauty of being almost completely surrounded by water!

:drinks

Yikes.

I was pleasantly ignorant for a few days because the thermometer probe battery gave up the ghost and it read 15, so I was thinking it wasn't too bad. When fixed, it quickly went to 6. I just spent 15 minutes out there bringing the tire pressure back up to what it should be.

Today should be in the 20s, I think I'll just sit outside for a while.

Hey John! Would be good time to do some modeling huh?

I would but I had to go to work - dressed in my insulated Carhart Bibs, sno-machine boots, My lands end down coat that is rated to -40, double insulated mittens, and my Russian Babushka hat - all that to walk to the garage to see if my TDI would start...

On other notes, Chris Bendshof finished up the CAD on the BA-64 tracks, and they are on the way - SO I think that will be the first thing I sit back down to finish!

That's cool, the tracks that is!

I just changed up to a flannel shirt and heavy jacket.

Snow in Tallafreakin'hassee FL!!! first time in 50 years.

Back