• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The slow boat didn't serve me well this year.

ausf

Master at Arms
I ordered a Bandai Yamato for my son about a month ago and preordered a Moebius Discovery for me back in October hoping for two big boxes of styrene goodness under the tree this year.

I'm still holding out hope for the Yamato, two more USPS deliveries days left, but the 2001 is looking more like 2018.

No big deal, best things are worth waiting for and all that...

I don't think the Discovery is released yet. It was still in development in April of this year with only the front end and engines prototyped. Every other site I looked at it was still in Pre-order mode.

Sorry on that Jeff, but it is coming and we should see it soon along with the 1/35 AT-AT from Dragon.

On a positive note, I finally got my magazine shipment from Valiant magazines. Unfortunately he had to reship them but got them today (12-23) in time for Christmas. Also should have another rare item heading my way but it probably won't show till next week (not a problem!) :D

Thanks guys.

I hear ya Paul, but this is an actual release. AM companies have stuff ready and a few well connected modelers have built up the first test shots.

It originally was supposed to be on the shelves for Thanksgiving but was delayed. The first shipment did leave China and was due the beginning of December. Omni was supposed to have them on the 10th. I guess they got hung up in customs, but I saw today a few guys who bought from CultTVman have theirs as of yesterday.

Hopefully it won't be long. I cleaned the shop and have next week pretty much clear to get some bench time.

For the past 20 years, my wife and I keep gifts simple between us (a bottle of really good wine and a book) and concentrate on the kids, but they're getting older so that excitement is waning. It would have been a nice kick to have two giant boxes of styrene. :D

Although, I did grab one of those Atari Flashback consoles for some Christmas morning giggles. Let the kids see what our generation had in terms of video games, black and white blocks.

Back