• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nothing really to do with scale models

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I haven't been good at getting to the bench at all over the last year. :bang head

But I did paint up a softball catchers mask for Grace. She wants to be a Marine Helicopter pilot. So this is what I did.

013~2.JPG

014~0.JPG

016.JPG

SBG_101.jpg

She kept us pretty busy with her softball this past spring and summer. She played on 3 teams. One was a All Star team out of Eastern Colorado that she was asked to try out for. Which we had to drive 100 miles one way for practice. This fall we found out she was named one of the best 12 year old players National in the Babe Ruth league. So your getting a proud Dad thing going here.

SBG_100.jpg

SBG_104.jpg

SBG_103.jpg

SBG_102.jpg

Then to top it off she has had straight A's for the last 2 years so for a reward we have started working on her car which was my Dad's Hot Rod back in '59-'63. She wants it as he had it. Grace has wanted this car since she was 4. Yes she is 12 but here she can drive at 14 to and from school or school events and work. If you Facebook I started a page just for the car build titled Red Coffin Resurrection.

GKR_RC_o.jpg

GKR_RC_5.jpg

GKR_RC_1.jpg

GKR_RC_2.jpg

that's all for now :drinks

Congratulations to you both and tell Grace I envy her helmet! Tell the truth you thought of me when you painted it for her, eh? :D

Regards,

It's great to see kids doing constructive things rather than attached to a web connected device all the time, good on you both !

Bravo man! You have every reason to be proud. What and incredible young lady you're raising.

Way to go Grace! That car restoration is a perfect father-daughter project. Congrats also on your success in softball.

Back